Games On Demand Disc Read Error

I recently downloaded GTA San Andreas from the marketplace and every time I get to a certain point in the game I get a disc read error.  But there is not disc.  I have a 250 GB slim. I've tried clearing the Hard Drive's cache and I've also redownloaded the game.  Any suggestions on what I should do? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Customer support was stumped.  Still haven't found a solution.  

You can always try Deleting the original Content and then Download it again. There might be something Corrupt with the File (?).

I've already tried that,  it appears there is nothing I can do.  I'm just waiting for an email from Xbox Support.  I hope I can at least get my MS points back.  

[quote user="Demonic Corna"]

I've already tried that,  it appears there is nothing I can do.  I'm just waiting for an email from Xbox Support.  I hope I can at least get my MS points back.  

[/quote]

Sorry but I don't think that is going to happen. Like it or not, it's something on your end. Many Copies have been sold and work properly. But you never know, good luck either way.

Have you tried from a different Storage Device as well (different HDD or maybe a USB Drive)? And does it always do this at the same location in the Game?

Try this, Delete the content, then download Demos and stuff that equals the same size (if not larger) then the content, then download it again (after that you can delete the junk). This moves the content to a different sector of your HDD and can clear up some errors

My 360 is still under warranty, so if it is my 360's fault then I should be covered, but I'm gonna try what Dave said.  

I doubt it's the 360, even though it could be the hard drive in the Slim. Try clearing out the cache from the hard drive. I know I've had some issues with the older Xbox games that have made me mad at times. I played Grabbed by the Ghoulies and it would corrupt my save data after a while and after you've played for several hours it sucks pretty bad to have that happen. I never did hear back from MS support on it but I couldn't have been the only customer to have had the problem.

Wow, Dave's idea worked.  Thanks man!  :D

thanks for the idea it helped me as well