Games not installing. Please Help

Bought a used xboxone from  my friend and have been playing destiny for while no problem. I recently bought forza horizons 2 and tried to install it. after leaving my xbox on for most of the night it still was stuck with the update going from queue to install but making no progress. Steps I have taken to correct the problem:

Uninstall

Hard cycle

Disconnect wired connection

Install from disc

Then install required update from online. It always gets stuck here. It got stuck again so i went ahead and did a factory reset. I then tried the same steps as above to no avail. It keeps getting stuck on the updates. After forza didn't install I tried to re install destiny. I am now experiencing the same problem on a game that previously worked. I am feeling very frustrated right now as my xbox is basically useless. 

Than you for reading

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  I'm wondering if the issue was with the console before your friend sold it to you.  All the steps you tried are valid but can you please try doing the updates with the console connected via an ethernet cable (if you haven't already)?

If that doesn't work you may need to set up a repair on the console.  As the console is used you would be charged for the repair.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey onyx, thank you for helping me out. The console has always been connected via ethernet cable. Right now it says no update is available. The last update was on 4/7/15 and I am currently on OS version 6.2.12710.0 (xb_rel_1504.150329-2200) fre  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.