Games Freezing, but not all games..

Hi there, 

I bought my Xbox360 Pre Owned 3 years ago, it's been working perfectly, but now, I find that some games will refuse to work, by freezing, i've scouted around to find a solution without whipping out a painful 62 pounds that Microsoft want me to pay.. I tried the system cache, that didn't work, I tried taking out my HDD, I used a memory card, that didn't work, I tried moving my power supply for better ventilation, that didn't work, buying a new xbox/getting mine repaired is a last resort. I bought PGR4 today, and have not been able to play it, this annoys me, if there is anything else I can try, i'd be grateful for the advice. 

Cheers,

Alan.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Alan.

You may have tried this already but here is the disc drive wizard, its worth checking in case it helps you with this.
It does sound like you have exhausted most troubleshooting options though.

Exactly what message is it you get when a game fails to load?, disc cant be read, open tray etc..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't get a message, the screen just freezes, I just this second loaded up Black Ops, and it worked perfectly, with no problems, so I would normally blame the disc, but there are multiple games that suffer the freezing effect. I looked through the Disc Drive Wizard, it's all things i've tried before, I will take the gamer round a friends house, and if it works on their console, i'll put it down to the xbox being the pinnacle of the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.