Games downloading without my permission

Some games start downloading without me allowing them  which exhaust my data package .

For example this morning found out a game called ARK survival evolved ( Game Preview ) has started downloading . I don't know that game and never allowed it to download . No one else is using he console .

Kindly advice .

Ahmed Sharaf

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Ahmed,

Are you "game sharing" with a friend? It sounds like your friend is buying games and it is downloading on their Home Xbox, which is set as your console. Thus all their purchases are automatically being downloaded to your console.

This could also be the case if you bought the console second-hand and the previous owner still has the console as their Home Xbox and is now downloading games elsewhere.

In the case that you know the profile of the person buying the games (i.e. it was someone with whom you consciously set this up), you could stop this behaviour from your console by telling them to set their own console as their Home Xbox again.

Alternatively, you can go to Settings>All Settings>Power & Startup>Power Mode & Startups and deselect "Automatically download updates and purchases" and that might also stop these downloads.

I hope this helps.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.