Games downloaded from Xbox Live to 360 hard drive

As a longtime Live Gold member I've enjoyed the ability to download a number a games to my 360 hard drive for free each month as part of my membership.  One of these is Halo 3 which I had missed even though I did buy halo 4 when it first came out.  I have a grandson who also has an Xbox 360 and a Live Gold membership but he missed this particular free download and we want to play the game together at his house and on his machine.  So what I'm asking is if there is anyway I can copy or even move if I must, the downloaded game from my hard drive to his so that we can enjoy playing together?  Perhaps it can be copied to a USB memory stick and then played on his Xbox directly from the USB stick or after being copied to his hard drive?  I don't know, but I hope it's possible.  If it is, please tell me the best way to go about this.  Thanx much in advance for any help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You could take your hard drive and put it on his console and play.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Since you downloaded the game, it is licensed to your console (where you first downloaded it) for any account to play, and it is also licensed to your account on any Xbox 360 if you are signed in to Xbox Live. So when you are signed in on his machine, you can download it again and you can both play (Halo 3 has split screen, right?) on his console, as long as his console is connected to Xbox Live. As soon as your account signs out, he can't play "your copy"; he would have to buy it, if he missed the free download.

If you want to play on separate consoles at his house, you could bring your console with you. He plays on your console, taking advantage of your console license, and you play on his console (assuming it is connected to Xbox Live).

The console license/ Live account license makes sense once you get the concept, but it is non-obvious at first.

Sorry this didn't help.

What you can do is put a USB drive into your xbox, then copy the file onto the thumb drive and plug it into your grandsons xbox. go to the systems hard drive under system settings and select usb. After that select the file and press A on move then select the hard drive and it will move the copied file over to the xbox. I hoped I explained the instructions clearly enough.

Sorry this didn't help.