GAMES AND APPS WONT OPEN!!!

Hi, I've been having this problem since a little after launch. Sometimes my Xbox ONE games crashes before it launches. Ill click on killer instinct and it'll show the title across the screen and crash back to the home screen. The same thing happens with demos too. And it's all of them ill go from game to game and they just won't work.  It's happening a lot more since I've updated.  If I turn on my Xbox and watch TV for a bit and then try to launch a game it won't work, if i leave the instant on feature active the games won't work after I wake the Xbox from standby mode, Some times the TV app wont launch if i leave "instant on" active for a few days. That really sucks because I really liked using the "XBOX ON" command now I have to completely shut it down and wait the few minutes it takes for it to boot up every time, not fun.

The only solutions I be found was to either click on the app or game several times until it finally launches and if that doesn't work a hard reset. I usually have to hard reset and since it take Xbox One so long to turn on its becoming a very annoying glitch and I'm upset the update made it worse.

is anyone else having the same problem I'm having? I'm also calling support they need to make this fix a high priority, its ruining the experience.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 80 Applies to:

Same thing here. Was working fine until the March update.  Games show the launch/splash screen, then crash back to home.  Can't quit it because it never actually started. The only fix is to hard reset holding down the power button.  Very frustrating when I only have 20 minutes to play, and 5 minutes of that is wasted trying over and over to launch the game and then reboot the console...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So far no progress on this problem. I tried everyone's suggestions and everything the rep told me over the phone. The only thing I don't want to do is restore factory settings deleting everything. I already did that once and had to set everything up and download all over again. A rep made me do that cause I couldn't log in even though I was typing in the correct information. Not sure if it was nessasary but restore is a worse case sinario and I'm not looking to do it everytime there's a hickup in the OS, I shouldn't have to.

Anyway even though I'm still having this problem with games crashing, I figured out a solution that keeps me from soft resetting. After I click on the game and it shows the title slash screen I just rapidly press X till the game finally launches. It will still crash a few times before it works but its a faster process from turning off the console.

These issues start making compare and realize how so far I haven't had any problems with my PS4. So when it comes to digital games, until Xbox fixes this I'm only downloading on PS4.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here.

Madden works, Crimson Dragon works, BF4 and Killer Instict won't open. Have tried every way to hard reset the console, still never opens. It's great having a $400 Madden box.

Sorry this didn't help.

Stuntastik40, instead of doing a hard reset, go to the home screen, highlight the app, click the view button (the new start button), quit the game/app, and then restart it. This solves the problem most of the time without having to do a hard reset.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there J Pots!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way we can provide support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, the update has made things so much worse.  I have hard reset it every day since the update whereas I only had to do that three or four times since launch.  Now every day something's not working - black screen, games/apps crashing, yes/no not working.  I agree, completely ruining the whole experience and figure the features they left out (Dolby, 3D, etc) will take forever to get implemented because they have to spend so much time fixing all the things that were broken initially and then broken with the update.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue with my xbox.  The games and apps keep crashing. I have tried to quit and reopen multiple times as well as hard reset. It was working just fine till recently

Sorry this didn't help.