Gamertag Copyright???

Does microsoft hold the copyright to the gamertags???

My gamertag has been made and unchanged for 6 years There is a company pofiting off of my gamertag and it was established in 2010 What can i do or be done in regards to this

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 123 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Microsoft owns your account what do you think...

Yes they own your gamertag, I don't know about copyrights I doubt there are even copyright established with gamertags.

They own the right to the gamertag, not the name on the gamertag.

For example, is a gamertag was called Zelda, it doesn't make zelda copyright to microsoft lol.

No, one said they did anazoth. You assumed and your assumption was wrong. And it wasn't funny and I hate when people laugh at their own statements.

There is nothing you can do unless you established that name somewhere else before them, it's highly possible they now own the copyright to it.

On a side note, what does it matter that a company is making a profit using that name, perhaps they have no idea who you are at all.

Also, 6 years? I thought spaces in tags where added like 3-4 years ago? But I could be very wrong on that one

LOL at OP, just LOL....this has to be joke, right?

This is the funniest thread that i have read. lol

I can be whatever I feel like. You don't like it then use the report function.

Pretty much nothing. You'd have to have copyrighted the phrase before anyone else used it. You'd probably want to discuss trademark infringement before copyrights. So unless you copyrighted and trademarked yourself. Since you've had it so long the company couldn't force you to change it is about the only 'right' you'd have.

How is a company making a profit off of your gamertag? So did someone post a youtube video with your gamertag on there? Get over yourself.