Gameplay after main quest...

Are we gonna be able to roam Skyrim after finishing the main quest?, please tell me we are not expecting another Fallout 3.

Thanx.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

I like being able to free roam after the MQ is over. There are always places you haven't discovered, people you haven't talked to and potential easter eggs to find. Doing all of that is much easier when you have maxed you reputation and have all of the best gear and the world is free of whatever was trying to kill everyone (dragons I suppose)... Plus, if the game engine lets you decorate your house, then there is plenty of customization to do so you can show off to all your friends.

the biggest bonus for post endgame gameplay is future dlc. i don't want to be forced to load a previously saved file before the final mission just to play a new quest line, it kind of ruins the flow of the game for me, and making a brand new character for previously mentioned dlc quest is even less appealing. and it doesn't hurt when you get to run around being loved by everyone and wear special armor made from the hide of the final boss, which i'm hoping will be the case of skyrim.

I really don't care about being able to roam the world after the main quest.  I was fine with Fallout 3.

I'm glad to see we're able to roam the world after the main quest.

I realise you COULD just reload a save, but that really doesn't carry the same sense of achievement. I can't explain it particularly well but even just an identical, post-main quest world like Oblivion's is fine by me and a better choice overall.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. I thought it was awesome that at least in that respect, Todd had the team stick to the classic Fallout style. Main quest done, game done. But of course people had to throw a fit about it, and then we got a DLC that removed the ending and added a bunch of **** post-main quest missions. Oh well. You get what you ask for.

I don't get why people complained so much about that in Fallout 3. I mean really, is it that hard to load your last save before you finish the main quest? It isn't like the game self destructs. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they remedied that since Fallout 3 but it really wasn't that big of a deal.

Ever since Morrowind, they continued the game after the main quest. I highly doubt that they would changed that now, regardless of what people thought of Fallout 3.

Yeah, they received alot of critisism after Fallout 3. They won't make the same mistake again.

yep, it's been confirmed that there will be life after akatosh. i'm hoping we get some set of unique armor and weapons made out of akatosh, that would be sweet.