Game won't play while installed on hard drive. (Fallout: New Vegas)

recently i was having trouble with my Fallout: New Vegas game so i had to uninstall the game from my hard drive (meaning that it already was installed) now when i try to install the game back onto the console the game won't even start and just give me a disc read error. but when the game isn't installed on the hard drive it plays fine, well as fine as the game will play with all the damn glitches it has. i just want to be able to install the game again and play from the hard drive cause when playing with it not installed it lags and takes forever at loading screens. i've deleted the system cache and the actual Fallout update (update no. 5 i believe it is) i'm just lost on what to do to fix this annoying error, please if anyone has any kind of advice let me know.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Are you using a legit MS HDD? Where did you purchase it? Was it new or used?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ya its legit. i got it brand new from gamestop a couple years ago (2009 i believe), to think of it i believe i pre-ordered it. it's an elite edition bundle package that came with the halo 3/fable 2 combo. the only problem i have ever had was the power  supply box went on me like 6 months ago (as i use it a lot) but that was an easy fix, i just needed to get a new one. i usually install games that i'm playing more frequently than others, but this is the first time i've had a problem like this. its just weird to me because it was installed and i never had any problems with it, until one day some of my game saves got corrupted and the game stop loading certain saves so i uninstalled the game from my hard drive and it seems to work just fine. so then i figured i would just install the game again and now all of a sudden it won't play when it's installed, otherwise it still plays just fine when it's not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.