Game won't play on console?

I download all my games to console, I've had a disk get destroyed in the console before, so I don't risk it anymore. 

I bought Gears of War 3 today, I downloaded it to my hard drive, I tried playing it, and it's playing from the disk for some reason, I can hear the disk spinning in the system, it just simply won't play from the console. I've tried deleting it and downloading it again, still having the issue...

Not really sure what to do at this point. Anyone else know anything about this? Should I try clearing my cache? Do you think it might have had something to do with the update I had to install to play on live, or the commando Dom outfit I got for the pre-order? Gears 1 & 2 were awesome. I would hate to have to return Gears 3 over this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

For one, I think that if your Console breaks disks in the drive, you should get it repaired or replaced ASAP. You should have used that $60 or more to save up to send your console into microsoft (Or buy a new console, you can get them cheap used!) Before buying a game. You don't buy a DVD when your TV is broken, right?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh, I switched the console out for a new one when that happened, I just don't even want to risk it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.