Game will not go past intro movie

I recently installed Forza 5(Disk) on my xbox one and after the initial install and download the game worked. A few days later I tried to play the game and it loads, goes to a screen that says hit "A" to continue, and when I do this it loads the intro video. If I hit any button the game goes to a load screen then the same video plays again. If I just let the video play thru it does the same thing and reloads the intro video. I have uninstalled the game two times and downloaded the files needed and it keeps doing the same thing.  Very frustrating.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Got exactly the same problem. Reinstalled, reset the XBox to factory settings etc.. Nothing helps.

Any news to this?

Yes I finally got it to work. What you have to do is; go to home screen, then apps games, find the game, go to manage, start by erasing saved data on xbox, if that doesn't work then you will have to delete progress from cloud and start again. Those are the steps that I can remember.  Be sure to do a system shut down and restart after deleting files. I had to call microsoft support and this is a common problem. Been playing steady for two days with no problems.  Hope that helps.

I have had this problem it usually a problem that can be fixed by clearing the system cache here's how to it. since I don't know what system you have I list instructions for the Xbox One and Xbox 360.

Xbox One:

Power down your console, then unplug the power cable from the back of the Xbox One.  Wait for two minutes, then plug the power cable back into the back of the Xbox One, and monitor the power brick, waiting for it to cycle from a white light to an orange light, and then turn the power on.  This will perform a cold restart of the system.

Xbox 360:

Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

Select Storage or Memory.

Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.) Select Clear System Cache.  When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.