Game update not downloading

I have only had my Xbox One for a week and am totally annoyed. All my games (2) have taken over 40 minutes to download and do not download at all if I am connected to the internet. Then when you connect the update takes even longer. I have been trying to download the update for Thief for 3 days now. Still no luck. Can't play it or anything. We bought the Titan fall xbox1. So we got a code to redeem the game. We can download 75%.So if anyone has any help I would appreciate it. 

So far I am not a fan of this console. Shame. I was so looking forward to it. Saved for ages to afford it. May have blown my money. :( 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi ill try and help you disconnect from the internet and re install your game i have found this to work and install much quicker.

Downloads can take abit of time depending of internet speed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You seem to be mixing up the terms installing and downloading, so I'm a little confused here.

If you're installing from disc, try disconnecting the console from your home network and try again to install it.

If, however, you are downloading you will of course need to be connected to the Internet for that to work...

If you are downloading, it sounds like it's possible your connection is a little on the slow side, in which case you just need to be patient and let it download fully. You should not be constantly cancelling and re-trying the downloads, or turning off and on the console.

However, do try a complete power cycle before any of the steps above, to see if that helps you out at all. support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.

I have deleted and installed the game from disc 3 time, offline. The problem is when I connect to the net and try to download the update for it. After another 3 days of trying I have managed to download 76% of the update. But it has stalled again. Even with slow internet it should not take 3 days. On my 360 large updates used to take half an hour. (same internet connection)

We can't even download Titanfall past 75%.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Downloading a game can be quicker than installing depending on your Internet speed. Xbox one games are a lot bigger than Xbox 360 games so they take longer. Try a wired connection to the Xbox one.

Sorry this didn't help.