Game sucks without Dedicated Servers

Anyone know when or if they are even going to bother fixing the Dedicated Servers.  Was having a terrible night playing the game then a host quit and ended the game in ranked.  I may actually have to go back to COD if they give up on this.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i ve heard the servers are dedicate !

Only beast , horde and co-op(I know I am wrong about co-op someone correct me if I am) are p2p based

Beast, Horde, Campaign are all peer to peer. Multiplayer versus is Dedicated. Multiplayer Versus reverts to Peer to Peer if there is a problem with the Dedicated servers.

Not everyone can play on dedicated servers. Don't know why but sometimes even when the servers r up u still end up in p2p matches in TDM and other modes.

I don't have any issues when not on dedicated servers. The P2P netcode is much better in Gears 3 and as long as the host and yourself have a suitable connection, there isn't any issues. It's been a great experience for me all around.

Horde/Beast/Campaign don't use dedicated and I haven't had any lag in any of those games either.

Epic did a great job. 

I don't think i was on a dedicated server all yesterday. When you see someone walk right through an actived boom shot to the face and later you get killed from the DBS from halfway up the stairs on thrashball it's pretty obvious you're on p2p.

Some are on servers and some are not depending on how may people playing, server maintenance, or network issues.  IMO,  if your game has to search greater than 15 out of 15 possible matches you are pushed to a off server p2p.  So, for me, I don't settle for a game after 15 possible match searches. I just play horde or something else because p2p is just fine playing against bots.

That's an interesting take on it MizZoorA. I generally always get into the first game on Multiplayer versus even when I play with a Strict NAT (happens sometimes when other people have logged onto my network).

What's the deal with servers; are they used or refurbished or something.  Hard to believe these were brand new servers to begin with; are servers really that fragile?