Game Streaming

Let me start by saying that I believe adding streaming support from an Xbox to your windows 10 device is a great and long overdue idea.

Now let me continue by adding; will the ability to stream back from a powerful windows 10 pc to your Xbox or another windows 10 device also be possible?

My PC is many times more powerful than an Xbox and as such I would like the ability to stream from my PC to a portable device, however I am faced with a dilemma. The most suitable device for this being an Nvidia shield device happens to be unavailable in my country, Australia. 

Then there appears to be an alternative, a company that reverse engineered the code used to communicate with a compatible geforce video card to steam to other android devices, this however comes with other problems, being that you need very specific hardware or face noticeable latency issues I believe due to the way the information is decoded on a device.

While Intel atom based devices appear to have the required hardware to reduce latency for streaming from compatible geforce cards there seems to be near non existent Intel based android device due to an issue of having to run binary translation for applications not designed to run on an Intel android device. 

Why not use a windows mobile device as there are an abundance of Intel atom mobile windows devices? Then we come to Moonlight the company which reverse engineered the code used to communicate from a geforce card to a mobile device and they have very little support for windows mobile devices.

Can someone please point me in the right direction for being able to steam from my PC to a mobile device with the least headaches? Importing a Nvidia shield mobile device for an exorbitant price which has no support in my country isn't a good option in my opinion.

I apologise for the repost from http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/game-streaming/93a239f2-a575-4b2d-bdf5-0c413d483f0a

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

No reply?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.