Game Selection....

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

That's the 3rd time I've written and tried to post with it coming up blank WTF..!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Stupid god damn game selection now only letting me select a 'Moshpit' of Hardcore modes that use either bomb or flag based objectives. There's a reason I don't have any stats for games like Dominiation and headquaters, because I don't want to play them............................................ CHANGE IT BACK so I can play just CTF....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it sucks. The only reason I even play CoD nowadays is only because of HC CTF. Haven't played since the stupid change. I'm all for adding more gametypes, especially since HC has so few, but they should have just added the Moshpit gametypes to the list instead of revamping it.

I wish that there was an exact copy of regular selections, but for hardcore. That way, I can play my Hardcore HQ whenever I please. I am definitely not pleased with the new setup but I guess I'll survive nonetheless.

While I sympathize with the hc ctf and hc hq players in losing their standalone game I want to point out that this IS a step in the right direction.

We hc fans dont get the same attention core players get simply because there are less of us. Although I belive that a large part of the low headcount is due to limited playlists ..... its up to us to show them we deserve more.

The only way to do that is to increase our numbers .... NOT by refusing to play until we get what we want. It's my understandiing that due to the original coding at release, that we will probably not get more than 5 choices of games in hardcore in black ops. We can possibly influence the devs of future releases to cater to us a bit more if we keep pushing our numbers and making ourselves heard.

Instead of avoiding the game ......... start inviting friends, or party up to sway the vote your way. And the next time you see a thread titled "what do you want in the next cod release?" ......... get the burr out of your butt about being killed by that guy in second chance, or the guy running with the famas, and tell them what really matters ...... we want more options in hc mode.

Apparently they get a lot of input from a number of different forums as to what people want. Use that as a tool.

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

While I sympathize with the hc ctf and hc hq players in losing their standalone game I want to point out that this IS a step in the right direction.

We hc fans dont get the same attention core players get simply because there are less of us. Although I belive that a large part of the low headcount is due to limited playlists ..... its up to us to show them we deserve more.

The only way to do that is to increase our numbers .... NOT by refusing to play until we get what we want. It's my understandiing that due to the original coding at release, that we will probably not get more than 5 choices of games in hardcore in black ops. We can possibly influence the devs of future releases to cater to us a bit more if we keep pushing our numbers and making ourselves heard.

Instead of avoiding the game ......... start inviting friends, or party up to sway the vote your way. And the next time you see a thread titled "what do you want in the next cod release?" ......... get the burr out of your butt about being killed by that guy in second chance, or the guy running with the famas, and tell them what really matters ...... we want more options in hc mode.

Apparently they get a lot of input from a number of different forums as to what people want. Use that as a tool.

[/quote]

And be sure to follow things over at Call of Duty HQ. It's where the "Bombs and Flags" idea came from.

I have a question: What is the appeal of CTF? And even more so, what is the appeal of HC CTF? I guess maybe because I really, really suck at the mode I don't understand. Believe me, I've tried. I have a bunch of grabs, but not a single cap. I would like to get Marathon Pro, but I honestly don't ever see it happening.

That's great and all, but that still doesn't help the fact that many HC players can't exclusively play the game type they want right now. I'm not "NOT" playing the game to make a statement. I'm not playing it because the only game type I enjoy playing is no longer an exclusive game type and I find the other game types they mixed in to be aggravating and frustrating and that's not why I game. Believe me, this little flub will forever be mentioned, by me anyway, as one of the things to "NOT DO" in every new CoD from now on. I'm not against a "Moshpit" game type. I think it's a great idea. I just think the way they did it wasn't a great idea.

[quote user="Bazinga79"]

I have a question: What is the appeal of CTF? And even more so, what is the appeal of HC CTF? I guess maybe because I really, really suck at the mode I don't understand. Believe me, I've tried. I have a bunch of grabs, but not a single cap. I would like to get Marathon Pro, but I honestly don't ever see it happening.

[/quote]

To clarify, it's not just HC CTF. There are plenty who have stated they prefer each of the other game types exclusively.

I got hooked on CTF back in the CoD2 days. Something about breaking down a camping defense and attackers trying to break down my defense that I like. Taking a flag from their base to mine. Knowing that I have their flag and that they are waiting for me at my base. I just find the whole thing about it more enjoyable and challenging than the other gametypes. None of the other CoDs since have had a decent CTF until Black Ops and now they've kinda taken that away from me again. You either like it or you don't.

I never understood why there isn't a hardcore playlist and a core playlist with the EXACT same gametypes in each. it just doesn't seem very smart. One of each game mode for hardcore and core seems like it should have been common sense for the designers, but maybe that's just me?