Game problems after July 2011 Xbox update

Hello.

I had some issues updating my Xbox (the latest S model) with the mid-July dashboard update, but after I cleared my cache on my internal hard-drive, the update was able to download successfully.

But now I have some other issues, specifically with two games.  With Assassin's Creed 2 (the Games On Demand version), now when I download the 3MB update, the game says that it is unable to play and to please try downloading again.  This has happened every time I try to apply the update.  However, the game is clearly starting when the update prompt pops up (the Ubisoft logo movie is playing in the background).

My second problem is with the Trial Version of Bastion.  The game downloads and installs successfully, but as soon as the Warner Brothers logo and Supergiant Games logo appear, the game goes to black and then goes straight back to the dashboard.  I don't even receive a message of something going wrong.  I have downloaded the demo several times, keep clearing my cache, and I'm still getting the same problem.  This concerns me because I feel concerned that even if I buy the game, this will happen and I will not be able to play it.

I've been considering transferring my content to an external drive, formatting the hard-drive, and re-setting up my Xbox just to see if maybe my problem is running deeper than I think it is.

I truly appreciate all your help and any advice you can give. 

-Cale

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

This sounds very similar to something my boyfriend and I posted about the other day - halfway through Gears 2 it decided it didn't like his profile and it was doing exactly the same as AC as described in the first post - getting a few screens then going black. Sounds like this might be an issue across the board. Hope they fix it, it's really annoying.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Amendment: apparently the update did not delete. It keeps saying something like, can't delete it and then it disappears from my list but is back again when I restart the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think I'll need a little bit of extra help :( (Sometimes I feel so much a noob;))

I tried playing AC2 today and it keeps saying that my savegame is damaged. Since I haven't played much after the July-update, I honestly can't tell if this is my problem.

I was happy, to find this thread and tried to delete the last update, clear my cache and still it does not work. It doesn't even ask me to do the update again.  Am I doing anything wrong? Or is it actually a different problem? I almost played it through, and don't want to start it necessarily again.

I would be so glad, if you could help me.

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

So I cleared my cache, and then RESTARTED my ssytem (I think this is where I was going wrong the first time by not restarting), started up AC2, hit "B" when the prompt came up to download the update. I then loaded my game and tried signing into Live through the mini-dashboard. As soon as I signed into Live the prompt came up again, and I accepted it. The update downloaded and installed successfully and the game works. Thanks guys!

I'll be making a separate post about the Bastion demo, because that does concern me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, guys. I will try this over the weekend.

Sorry this didn't help.

You also may want to try deleting and re-downloading these two items, to see if that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's a strange one with Bastion. With AC2 try playing the game while offline, if it works then we know the problem is with that update.

Sorry this didn't help.