game on demand rip off

so why is it when you buy a disk game you can play it no matter what xbox 360 console for any profile you are on but if you buy a game on demand and  have to move it to another 360 console it won't work except for the profile you buy it under. i just had this issue a few days ago because i bought a game on demand and my 360 crashed and i had to move it to another hard drive and console and i did everything xbox told me to do for it to work but now it only works under one profile. i'm feeling a little ripped off right about now because im being told that they are sorry but thats just the way it is.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Paramedic,

As fred is indicating you will need to do a license transfer and re-download the content so that the console license is transferred to the new console. When you use a game disc you HAVE to have the disc to play so there's no need for licensing so-to-speak. However, with download content what is to stop someone from downloading it on every Xbox in the world? Licenses control this. So doing a license transfer to the new console will allow every profile on that console to play it offline. Let us know if you have any problems.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.