Game of the Year ...?

I've put about 45-60min into the demo, and I am THOROUGHLY impressed. The game looks great, feels even better, and having a clean lap with the traffic and finishing high on the Rivals leader board is INCREDIBLY rewarding... one of the best feelings of any game, in my opinion. I'm only in the Top 2%, but given this is my first Forza, it was - probably extremely pathetic - one of the best feelings seeing that.

My one :/ about this game is I wish there was a separate leader board for those who use assists, and those who don't. I know there's essentially a separate one for those who have clean laps versus those who don't, but it's still a bummer when you have a pretty hot lap, then look up, and see a guy was better than you - but he had every assist on, including automatic.

Other than all of that though, this game should be worth every penny of the $80 when it comes out!

What do you guys think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Game of The Year? HELLZ NO! Better than Gran Turismo 5? HELLZ YEA! Will be buying day 1.

Game of the year - I doubt, but driving game of the year - probably, although it will be a close call between this and F1 2011.

Sadly, I dont think we'll ever see the day that a racing game will get Game of the Year. But I guess we can dream...

Game of the year? No. Not with everything coming out. Look for Skyrim to possibly take that title.

Racing game of the year? Sure!

I'm new to FORZA also and I have to say demo was fantastic. GOTY? Maybe .

[quote user="Mewtwo"]

Game of the year? No. Not with everything coming out. Look for Skyrim to possibly take that title.

Racing game of the year? Sure!

[/quote]

This ^^^

Depending on your videogaming preference, there is no reason why this game cannot be GOTY.

I love how the game's not even out yet, and people are giving Game of the Year awards based on a demo.  The Hype Train's coming...all aboard!

[quote user="Trippul G"]

I love how the game's not even out yet, and people are giving Game of the Year awards based on a demo.  The Hype Train's coming...all aboard!

[/quote]I could say the same thing about all the Skyrim fanboys. Do they not know that Batman: Arkham City AND Uncharted 3 come out this holiday as well?

[quote user="RyoTakahashi"]

Depending on your videogaming preference, there is no reason why this game cannot be GOTY.

[/quote]

Sure it might be game of the year to you or others. But we aren't talking about what people think is game of the year to them right? We are talking about what is actually going to WIN game of the year. Believe me with all the CoD fans and other big hit games coming out this year this game has NO chance for Game of the Year.

--

Believe me I am not saying this because i don't like the game or something. I love it. I am saying this because I know how it goes and it's more a popularity thing. This will not win Game of the Year. You can quote me on that.

--

Now Racing game of the year? Has a really good chance to win that.