Game lags really bad now

Skyrim has started lagging.  It started a couple of days after the update, not right away.  I thought lag was only happening to Playstation.  is anyone else having this problem?  Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Delete your old saves if you have a lot, that helped me. I had 70 plus saves and knocked it down to 2 and I noticed a significant change.

[quote user="Domuhnic"]

Delete your old saves if you have a lot, that helped me. I had 70 plus saves and knocked it down to 2 and I noticed a significant change.

[/quote]

Wow, 70 saves is a lot.  I have about 10 saves (including 3 auto-saves).

I was having the issue too but once i restarted it it works find now.

I have about 20 and mine has started to lag a lot too. I will delete a few and see what happens.

Clear the system cache, delete any unwanted saved games, and if you installed the game on the HD before the patch and then patched, try deleting and re-installing the game.  Skyrim really uses a lot of chaching and different versions of the cached data (1.1 vs. 1.2) may be causing it.

Lag occurred fairly badly for me too, but I've deleted all I was playing and started again and haven't noticed any. Others playing on my console also haven't lagged much from what I could see.

[quote user="SquareFantasy"]

Clear the system cache, delete any unwanted saved games, and if you installed the game on the HD before the patch and then patched, try deleting and re-installing the game.  Skyrim really uses a lot of chaching and different versions of the cached data (1.1 vs. 1.2) may be causing it.

[/quote]

I had about 70 as well with this problem and deleted most and still have this problem... It seems we are plagued with same problem as the playstation 3 issue. It all matters in the size of the file... I actually have to play on a different gamertag because of this ( I have saves on my other memory as well already). I have so far noticed i only having this problem with Save files at least 8 MB in size.

I have not had a Skyrim save below 15MB in size.  Do you actually have 70 different files or are you simply on the 70th save in the game (the game keeps track of how many times you saved, indicated by the number before the save)?  Based on how much you do in the game and how far you are the size changes (now mine are 17MB, but they started at 15).  If clearing the system cache and/or re-installing did not resolve the issue you can try saving your game and then dying in game so it can reload from your last save.  I heard some people report this helped or worked for them.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have hundreds of saves, but the problem has gone away on its own.  i will try deleting some saves if the problem comes back.

i have had any problem. My saves are around 10 mb now and the most surprising is that i've had lag once and i only needed to load my last save to solve the problem. My Game froze 3 time(10th hour, 60th hour and one last time at 85th hour). By the way, i have around 800 saves.