Game is making my 360 freeze during start up...

I was playing the game fine Tuesday and last night, and got quite a good many hours in. Not a problem at all with performance.

Well, just now I go to play it, and everytime I've tried its made my 360 freeze right when the screen goes black just before the game starts. I've tried 3 times, and nothing. I tried another game and it works fine, I'm playing it now.

Anyone else having this issue? Its a great game and I'd love to be able to play it...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Happened to me last night

did you get it to work? also, game is installed and i have an xbox 360s thats less than a year old

happens to me too.  i just restart the Xbox and it runs fine

well, I take that back.  I have now had to re-start the 360 4 times, and each time it just black screens.  Before, It would happen once, and one restart would do the trick.

I've had the same problem from the off.  I've managed to fix it on mine - I figured as I heard the "pop" just before it was freezing that it was the "Update Game" dialog that was causing it.  So I unplugged my network cable, and booted the game up whilst signed in, but offline.  Once I got to the main menu (and didn't press start), I plugged my network cable back in and signed back in to Xbox Live.  The update dialog came up, and didn't freeze the game, so I downloaded it, the game restarted and it's been OK since.  Hope this helps.

i've had issues when i load it up it initially freezes the xbox...after a restart it works...is their a new patch for it out?  i got one on the first day (10/18)...is there another one since?

Did it again last night and I have the GoW 3 Slim 360

Bought arkham city today. Put it on tonight, downloaded catwoman DLC, game froze on start menu. Tried turning xbox back on, wouldn't boot up. 1 hour letter 3 red lights of death.

I had the same issues with freezing when I first bought the game. I cleared my system cache in the dashboard and since then it has been working perfectly. I'm not sure if that's why it's working or if it's just a coincidence but I'd recommend trying it.

I've been having this problem as well. Even after downloading the launch day patch I've had this problem off and on. like most of you I restart the Xbox and it's sort of a crap shoot. Sometimes it loads up fine, other times it freezes after launch.