Game Install - How did it know?

I just purchased the XBox One Master Chief Collection Bundle.  In addition, I bought Forza 5 on disc (Free game with purchase of the bundle from TRU, could have chosen from several).  This will be a gift for my son.

Before giving it to him for his birthday, I wanted to set it up, so it can go through the latest updates and such and he can get to playing sooner.  I signed in with his account and got it all ready to go.

I have a pretty slow and unstable internet connection, so downloading the MCC is going to take some time.  I probably wont have time to get it done before he gets it, but I did get it started... which leads me to me real question.

I did not do anything except allow it to update and sign in with his account.  On the home screen, there are two tiles (Well, there are more than two, but these are the ones of my concern), one says Install Master Chief Collection, and the other says Install Forza 5.

I can maybe understand how the MCC tile would be there, since this is a MCC bundle, but how did it know about Forza?  Or is it just a coincidence?  Do they sometimes put tiles down there to install random games, hoping that you will end up buying them?  When I click on them, it did not lead me to another screen to confirm a purchase, it just started the download/install...

Whats going on here?  More curious than anything else.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

It's possible someone else could have purchased the bundle and returned it, but before they did so they installed the games. If they still have that console set as their Home console, you would have access to the games they had purchased.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks.  That does sound reasonable

But this was a new, sealed purchase, so I think its unlikely.

Sorry this didn't help.

Was the disc in the drive when you saw this?  If so then it is asking you to install from the disc.  Otherwise, just disregard the install request and only install from the disc.

Also, when I got the MCC I installed it overnight while everyone was sleeping.  Took two nights but it was ready to go for me when I needed it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks.

I have not opened the disc yet so no, nothing in the drive.  It just makes it look like there is some magic going on.  But yes, I will install from the disc.  Should be much faster than any download.  I have one more night to set it up before his birthday to try to continue the MCC download.  I doubt it will even get close...

Gotta love Progress...

the other day my kids wanted some Super Mario World game time.  2 min to start playing, from pulling the SNES out of the drawer.  On its BEST day, it takes my 360 15 min to be ready for me to play a game... I would not be surprised if its a week before he can play MCC...

Sorry this didn't help.