Game Informer has totally gotten me unexcited for Modern Warfare 3.

It told me much of what I'd already figured (That it's more of a map pack than a full game), but it's still a bummer. In fact, they say it feel more like a step back than a step forward from Black Ops. I'm throwing $100 down on the Hardened Edition, and I'm just PRAYIING I like it. But yeah. After reading the Game Informer preview, I feel like. "Wow. Yay." <Sarcastic, a'course.>

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

We are discussing the BF3 beta in the Black Ops forum. How sad.

The UMP-45 is OP, as are the starting semi snipers. Aside from that, it seems fine. The AEK is a monster and my favorite gun. Honestly, it might need some nerfing too though.

Based on what I've used in BF3, I think only the UMP.45 is overpowered. It kills really fast at close range...I didn't feel any other are OP to me. I heard the PDW-R is really good, I heard the AEK is OP (haven't used it or even seen it). Not much else though..

Id use it.................................as I have the BOs Famas, but I do have alot of fun switching it up and using everything. (especially after reaching max prestige).  EDIT--What did you think of those BF3 weapons? Any OPd? Im liking the M416 and I wanna try the AEK, but havent unlocked it yet.

Indeed it did, but the ROF is similar (940 or so). The major difference is damage (30/20 for the F2K, 35/25 for the Famas). That Famas in Black Ops is basically a recoil-free F2000 with stopping power, while lets say the Commando=TAR-21...damage, ROF are practically the same without stopping power.

-

I guess I explained that pretty clearly...that's why it's overpowered. I mean can you imagine that gun WITH stopping power? It'd be a 2/3 shot kill at 940 RPM? That's just crazy...

^^F2K had way more recoil than the Famas, but RoF is probably close.

It's hard to say because I only use the MW2 Famas with stopping power, it was at max a 2-burst kill. Practically a sniper rifle with a sight on it. I think without SP, the Black Ops Famas is WAY better, but with SP...the gap is closed significantly by the MW2 Famas. That gun has gotten me probably 20-30 nukes, and a lot of them in FFA.

-

I mean if you wanna understand how OP the Famas in BO is...take the F2000 in MW2, use stopping power, then have everyone else use other guns without SP...that's basically what it's like. Not real fair if you ask me.

^^The MW2 Famas was good, but it was a three round burst weapon. One burst kills if you had a good connection. You think the BOs or the MW2 Famas is better?

I disagree...I've been playing MW2 and while the UMP is really good and probably the best SMG in CoD history (I'd argue the 74u/rapid fire is right there), I don't think it even compares to a few others on that game (ACR, Famas, SCAR are all way better, IMO). The Famas in Black Ops has to be the most OP weapon in CoD history. The MP-40 and UMP both had a ROF of like 640 or something? Famas does 35/30 damage (3/4 hit kill) at 940 RPM and has considerably less recoil than both of those guns...I mean that is just... :-/

-

Hell I think my KD on my 'new', temporary account on MW2 is like 5.89 using just the Famas/RDS. It's completely unstoppable...lol

[quote user="dual skorpionz"]

You can make guns different but make them balanced. Like having an AR that has the highest ROF, lowest amount of recoil and equal amount of damage as every other automatic is overpowered as hell (Famas, BO), or an AR with zero recoil, low damage but the 2nd highest RoF and fastest reload (ACR, MW2).

[/quote]

The MP40 (W@W) and the UMP (MW2) were both better, just saying, LOL.