Game in limbo between purchase and queue.

I'm having a really strange issue that so far the customer service reps in the chat haven't been able to figure out so I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone else has run into this.  I purchased Assassin's Creed Syndicate: Bonus Helix Edition from the Xbox Store.  The purchase was successful so I left the room for a little bit to let it start downloading.  When I came back to check on the download it wasn't in my Queue, so I went to check my installed games and it wasn't there either.  Naturally I figured maybe the download hadn't started for some reason so I went to the "Games ready to install" section, but no luck there either.  I navigated back to the store and the game in question.  When I click the game in the store it now has a button that says "Manage" where the buy button is.  When I click that it takes me to a gray screen with the title of the game and my gamertag but nothing else.  Usually this screen shows where the game is installed and let's you choose to delete it, but I just have a gray screen. 

The nice customer service people have so far had me:

• Hard reset my console to clear the cache (Holding the power button on the console 5-10 seconds then unplugging the console for a minute).
  • Refresh my home screen with Left Trigger, Right Trigger, and Y.
  • Clear my persistent storage three times, then reset the console.
  • unplug my external hard drive and hard reset the console.
  • Hard reset my console to clear the cache (Holding the power button on the console 5-10 seconds then unplugging the console for a minute). (again)
  • Delete my profile, reset the console, redownload my profile.

Both they and I have confirmed that the game is purchased.  I don't know what else to do.  They said the case would be forwarded to a higher lever customer service team and I'd get an e-mail in 24-48 hours with a possible fix.  But that's a bummer because that's the whole weekend gone without being able to play a game I just bought.  So if anyone else has experienced this and knows how to fix it, please share.  Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

I am having the exact same issue. Just purchased Assassin's Creed Syndicate: Bonus Helix edition, but it was not added to my download queue. The Xbox store shows that I purchased it, but I have no way of downloading the game as it does appear anywhere in the My Games section.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had the exact same problem just now and found your question googling a fix for it.

Can anyone tell me how I go about to get a refund for my purchase?

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Well good to know I'm not the only one having this issue.  Seeing as how it's the same edition of the same game with all of us, I think it's safe to say it's not our consoles or accounts.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Checking the store page on my web browser, the Bonus Helix edition is now empty with nothing included in the bundle: store.xbox.com/.../760d1248-e6db-4c4e-8c14-815a34446370. Compare this to the gold edition which includes the game in the bundle: store.xbox.com/.../20df7446-0021-423b-836c-3f9603c2727c.

This is clearly an issue with storefront. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also having the same exact issue. The game is not showing up in my games and apps and when I search it again on the store, it has a manage button. When I click the manage button it just sends me to a blank grey screen. I wonder if this is isolated to just Assassin's Creed or if all games are doing this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing happening to me.  The only thing I can see that MIGHT be the problem is that the receipt for my purchase of the game is dated 1/09/16.  I guess I'll know if that's the problem in 15 minutes when it's actually 1/09/16.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just talked to Customer Service on the chat again this morning, and the representative said it is most likely a server side error with this version being a new release.  She said to contact them again in 24 hours if it's still not working and they'll refund me to have my try to purchase again and see if that fixes it.  If it comes to that though, I'll probably just go buy the game on disk.  Still I hope this gets resolved for myself and everyone else dealing with it today.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys I figured it out, and it's really stupid.  So, in the Xbox store if you search for Assassin's Creed Syndicate, all that pops up is the Gold Edition, the Bonus Helix edition, and all the DLC.  No base game right?  Navigate your store to the Gold edition and it'll have "This bundle includes: Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Assassin's Creed Syndicate Season Pass, Assassin's Creed Syndicate A Long Night, and Assassin's Creed Syndicate Huntsman Outfit.".  Click on Assassin's Creed Syndicate under Bundle includes.  This is the base version of the game.  The button that normally says Buy or Manage should say Install.  Mine did.  I clicked it and the game started installing.  

I think it's just a disconnect because for some reason the base version of the game doesn't come up in the searches or the games list in the store, but if you manually navigate to it, it works.  Stupid, but at least I'll be able to play this weekend!  Hope this helps you guys out!

Sorry this didn't help.

Aha! JapsMcGee - you're a legend! Thanks so much. Been trying to fix this for ages - hope by doing it this way there's no knock on problems resolving the original problem mind, but it certainly looks to be a way around! Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.