I'm having a really strange issue that so far the customer service reps in the chat haven't been able to figure out so I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone else has run into this. I purchased Assassin's Creed Syndicate: Bonus Helix Edition from the Xbox Store. The purchase was successful so I left the room for a little bit to let it start downloading. When I came back to check on the download it wasn't in my Queue, so I went to check my installed games and it wasn't there either. Naturally I figured maybe the download hadn't started for some reason so I went to the "Games ready to install" section, but no luck there either. I navigated back to the store and the game in question. When I click the game in the store it now has a button that says "Manage" where the buy button is. When I click that it takes me to a gray screen with the title of the game and my gamertag but nothing else. Usually this screen shows where the game is installed and let's you choose to delete it, but I just have a gray screen.
The nice customer service people have so far had me:
- Hard reset my console to clear the cache (Holding the power button on the console 5-10 seconds then unplugging the console for a minute).
- Refresh my home screen with Left Trigger, Right Trigger, and Y.
- Clear my persistent storage three times, then reset the console.
- unplug my external hard drive and hard reset the console.
- Hard reset my console to clear the cache (Holding the power button on the console 5-10 seconds then unplugging the console for a minute). (again)
- Delete my profile, reset the console, redownload my profile.
Both they and I have confirmed that the game is purchased. I don't know what else to do. They said the case would be forwarded to a higher lever customer service team and I'd get an e-mail in 24-48 hours with a possible fix. But that's a bummer because that's the whole weekend gone without being able to play a game I just bought. So if anyone else has experienced this and knows how to fix it, please share. Thanks!