Game Ideas

I am looking for a new (used) game to play and need some advice. I bought Duke Nukem last week and I believe this is the worst game I have played in a long time (12 years). So I am going to trade this in as soon as I can.

I am a open minded gamer and will play just about anything. I love games that have a interactive environment. FP shooters, roleplay, or what ever. I have been thinking of getting Fallout Vegas or Fable III but I have heard there are some issues with the games.

I'm not into racing, sport or cartoon games. Other than that, I will play it.

Thanks ahead of time.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Fallout: New Vegas has major technical difficulties. I'd recommend Red Dead Redemption if you haven't already played it.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

Fallout: New Vegas has major technical difficulties. I'd recommend Red Dead Redemption if you haven't already played it.

[/quote]Fallpout nEw Vegas issues are rather forgiving, Red Dead Redemption, eh.

Good Games:

Bad Company 2,

Oblivion,

Brink, Fallout New Vages,

Shadowrun,

Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas,

Far Cry 2,

and more!

[quote user="Azure Influx"]

Fallpout nEw Vegas issues are rather forgiving, Red Dead Redemption, eh.

[/quote]Really? Losing 70 hours of gameplay, not being able load your saved game, or even start a new game, is forgiving? You seriously amaze me every time you post

Fallout 3 or new vegas I  have never had any problems as I did beat them both these games and oblivion are huge I do warn you though with them being big you may face graphical issue were enemys are stuck in a wall or two but it does not happen often

Others bioshock 1 and 2

condemmed 1 and 2

fable 3

rdr,la noir

and thats all I can think of now I would also recommend redbox when there selection gets bigger if you don't want to waste 60 bucks or the gamestop 7day glitch

I have had literally zero problems with New Vegas. Some people have trouble with it and some don't. Oblivion is fantastic as someone else mentioned. Bioshock is as well and it is probaly like 15 dollars.

It appears you haven't played The Orange Box, and, well......FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BUY IT!

Also, Team Fortress 2 is free (for the weekend) on Steam for PC - I suggest trying it out, and if you do happen to like it, it's only 10$.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I believe I will give Red Dead a shot.

Thanks again

[quote user="NoxiousFarts"]I have had literally zero problems with New Vegas. Some people have trouble with it and some don't. Oblivion is fantastic as someone else mentioned. Bioshock is as well and it is probaly like 15 dollars.[/quote]

That's the thing, the problems don't tend to show up until you reach the higher levels.  I've yet to encounter any major issues early to mid game and when i say early to mid-game, i mean until I've clocked up around 50 or so hours.  Door freezes, choppy frame rates, loading issues etc will rear their ugly head sooner or later., it's just a matter of time.  A really annoying bug you've no doubt ran into, as everyone does, the flailing arms bugs when sneaking (the one that obscures your gun or your line of sight), only gets a lot worse as you go on too.  Pathetic that this bug still remains.

I am about 45-50 hours into my current game. I have had load screens that take longer than usual but to me that is just part of a game of that size. I have not seen the sneak bug you are talking about though.

I'm another person who had zero problems with NV, but I know someone who had these issues. I've also read plenty of other people saying they had game breaking issues. So yeah it has the potential to be glitchy, no debate about that. But if the OP wants a good RPG it's worth buying it used or renting it.

Red Dead is awesome btw.