Game I purchased from Marketplace has been Deleted and no longer available

I purchased the Arcade Game "Warriors Street Brawl" about a year ago for HARD CASH

I paid money for it, owned, bought, paid for. MINE

I just tried to download it as it is one of my pins, was gonna hit the arcade

When I clicked on my pin/shortcut I got a message saying that this game was no longer available on live and my pin has been deleted.

Thats a game I PAID FOR, how in the world can you just DELETE it?

Do i get a refund? Can you please justify? This is against consumer rights, please advise or I shall be most certainly taking further action.

Try redownloading it from your download history - support.xbox.com/.../buy-rent-content

When you purchase content in the marketplace you don't actually own the content. You're purchasing a license to use the content. Content can be removed at any time due to several reasons (usually licensing issues with the publishers). there are no refunds on the marketplace.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

But it is still available thru your download history usually

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"Thats a game I PAID FOR, how in the world can you just DELETE it?"

It's called a contract.  If the publisher rescinds Microsoft's permission to distribute a game then Microsoft cannot distribute the game.  Note that they don't remove the game from your console, if you had it you still get to keep it and play it, they just aren't allowed to distribute it anymore.

"Do i get a refund?"

If you contact support you probably will.  Forum doesn't count, go to the phones.

"This is against consumer rights"

Wrong.  You do not have a promise or a right to have perpetual download rights to anything.  This is not  a Microsoft thing, it's true of ALL platforms from Amazon to Playstation, if you buy digital content there's always going to be the risk of a contract falling through and you not being able to download content again.  If that disturbs you then you should never purchase anything in a downloaded format as they ALL are susceptible to this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

except contracts are binding in any country

you sure dont act like a lawyer

fyi it is still available to you from the download history

it is actually international laws that do decide digital content has always been a license you do not own it

i check your pegi group they will explain it to you in thorough detail

that is the copyright standard of any laws

you arent legally allowed to sell access to it  nor lend it like it is your own thing

the only owner of the content is the copyright holder and any judge and lawyer will tell you that in australia

you are not cut off unless you were baned and

and even though it is not directly purchasable on the marketplace due to international laws which do trump australian laws as they are cosigners of the international copyright treaty

you can still directly download it from your download history

why not follow our advice before you get yourself locked from the forums for breaking the contracts you signed

fyi you arent allowed to curse in any public forums

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 675 Applies to: