Game I Just Opened Doesn't Play On My Xbox Slim?

My friend just got me another copy of Modern Warfare 2 after my first copy didn't work when I put it in my Xbox 360 S I got the other day at Wal Mart, I put the game in my Xbox and it said the following: "This disc is unreadable. 1. Clean the disk with a soft cloth. 2. Restart the console. For more help visit www.xbox.com/support." The game was not opened when I got it and the disc has no scratches or apparent damage. Why won't it play? It's brand new! This is frustrating. Please give me an answer. Also, it has a 250G hard drive if that matters.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I have the exact same problem

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you unable to play any game disc, or just this one? Can you borrow a disc that you know works (friends?) and try that.

Sorry this didn't help.

My son has the same problem.  Two days ago, out of the blue, his COD Modern Warfare 2 stopped working.  We thought it was the disk, so I went and purchased another COD Modern Warfare....Same thing, says it cannot read disc.  However, it still plays all other games, and any DVD that he puts into it.  It is obvious that its the game.  

What else can I try?

Scott  

Sorry this didn't help.

it seems like there could be a bad batch of MW2 games out there. It doesn't happen often but it has been known to happen. I would suggest you return the game and before you leave the store ask if they can test it in their floor model console to be sure it does indeed work. That way you won't have to keep taking it back when it doesn't work. You may even consider taking your console with you so you can test it yourself on one of their display tv sets, if they allow you to.

When I worked in retail I had no problems doing the above for any customer.

Sorry this didn't help.