Game freezing help? (Mortal Kombat)

I haven't played Mortal Kombat (AKA Mortal Kombat 9) in a while, so I put it in and everything works fine until I try to sign in with my Xbox LIVE profile. The game freezes at the start menu EVERY time I try to sign in.  I literally can't even play the game unless I'm not online.  I've cleared my the cache, and I always keep my console in a well ventilated area.  I've seen a few other posts on this same game but haven't seen a solution that works.  If anyone has a REAL answer can you please help? And no, the disc isn't scratched.

Thanks in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm not 100% sure what is making it freeze, but try signing in to Xbox Live before you get to the menu of the game.

Maybe you could try to delete your profile, and then re-download it?

Answer a question for me, does it only do it on that game? If not, maybe it could be something inside the Xbox reading the game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sometimes, weither the disc shows any scratches or not, there can still be a problem with the disc. There could be a crack that is hidden when not stretched, the center could be cracked as well, or even the top foil of the disc has become detached from the disc body. If possible, you could further isolate what the problem is by borrowing a different copy and giving it a go. If it works, you can take the game and trade it into a gamestop or eb games for store credit towards a new copy. The fact that other people are reporting the issue as well though leans more towards a bug or glitch within the game. Usually its best to report this to the publisher which might get them to patch or update things. Its really hard to give a real answer or solution to this kind of problem...i mean, the best we can do is give you the possibilities we are aware of and direct you where to go from there. Sorry if you didnt find any of that helpful but either way i hope you get it sorted...its just not as fun owning the computer compared to a real player.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll try and see if this works. Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Check if the disk has rings around it , if it does, thats a laser scratch from bumping the xbox. If I were you, (laser scratch or not), i'd rent it from a redbox or local video store, and install it to my xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

same exact thing happens to me

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there OsteoidThrone15,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. Since this thread is pretty old and the original poster is most likely been resolved, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way you can receive support catered specifically to you from our community. Thanks so much!

Sorry this didn't help.