Here are the game franchises what I think should just be put to rest, they're suffering from either being milked every year and/or just getting downright boring now, here are some franchises that needs to just end:
1. Call of Duty = Reason: Being milked every year & its getting really boring now, its just the same game every year but with a new story and a couple of tweaks to multiplayer, ever since MW2 came out, Call of Duty kept getting worse with new installments, Activision, please retire from CoD and make something else for a change.
2. Madden = Reason: Being milked every year, Madden may have been fun like 10-15 years ago, but nowadays, its pointless now, EA do us a favor and put Madden to rest, we're getting sick of it now.
3. Assassin's Creed = Reason: Milked every year and pretty much the same game but with new storylines, plus last few installments are not that good (Black Flag was decent though) so there's no telling if Syndicate is going to fix the series or not, but Ubisoft, give Assassin's Creed a rest, make another Prince of Persia game or whatever.
4. Halo = Reason: Getting boring now, Halo has had its day, its days have been over since Reach, now all of a sudden, Microsoft is slowly milking the franchise to death, Microsoft I know Halo makes a lot of money for you, but give it a rest, now since you have the money from Halo MCC (and Halo 5 when it comes out in October), use that money on a couple of new IPs.
5. Mario = Reason: Getting boring now, Mario has had its day, its days have been over since Sunshine, some of us are getting tired of Mario every year, Nintendo do us a favor and let Mario take a few years off, make something else for a change.
6. LEGO Series = Reason: Being milked, yes the Lego games are good and all, but how many Lego games do we really need before we're start getting burned out, TT Games, take a few years off from Lego and make something else for a change.
7. Sonic = Reason: Getting boring now, Sonic games used to be good, but now pretty much since Sega went 3rd party, Sonic has truly gone downhill from here and there, the last great Sonic game was Sonic Adventure 2, after that, the rest became mediocre to terrible to awful, Sonic 2006 & Rise of Lyric really shows that Sonic days are over and had been over since the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era, Sega just let Sonic retire, he had its time.
What do you guys think, what game franchises do you think should need a rest, share your thoughts on the comments below.