XBOX support, please acknowledge this is a problem!!
When you pay $500 for a console, you expect advertised functions to work. I feel a little sad and hopeless when clips I think are being recorded don't record at all.
I went through the troubleshooting steps while on the phone with xbox support which included:
- removing profile
- clearing Persistent storage under Disc & Blu-ray
- Uninstalling upload studio
- removing power from the wall to the power brick and from the xbox to the power brick
- waiting 5 minutes
- plugging everything back in
- signing back in
After these steps, I play a game and here is what will happen:
- I will say "XBOX Record That"
- I will get a notification that the clip was recorded
- Game DVR might work, and if it does, it will only work for a short amount of time and then go back to giving me the same error "Try a different game clip", "That one was deleted or never published. (0x80040212)"
- After I get this error, Game DVR will never work for me again unless I remove power from the system or go through those steps again.
There are at least 20-30 threads regarding Game DVR problems on this forum alone. I stopped counting. There are more.
To all of my fellow gamers having this issue, please add your Game DVR issue here as well even if you have already posted elsewhere. I'm hoping this will become a sticky thread.