Game DVR clips deleting after getting notifications on them being saved

Ever since i got the new update, every now and then the xbox one will delete my game clips on its own. For the longest time i've gotten the error for  a while that says "sorry we could not record that'. Now i actually get notifications saying the game clip has recorded, but the clip is immediately deleted when i try to watch it. This is ridiculous, i am always recording game clips, and there have been so many times that it has either failed to record the clip or it WILL record it, and when i go to watch the clip it'll be deleted on its own.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 196 Applies to:

G'day sandman, sorry to hear about the game clips disappearing! Let's try the following to get your console squared away:

• With the console on and all progress saved, hold the console's power button for 5-10 seconds. This will completely shut down the console.
  • Wait 30 seconds & then start the console again by pressing the same button.
  • Launch a game, play for a bit, and try "Xbox Record That" one more time to see if the clip saves.

Let us know the results!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've done that plenty of times. It does fix the issue, but only temporarily. I am still constantly having this issue. Pretty much this is what happens. I'll reset the xbox, then it'll record a few clips, but after a couple hours of gameplay it'll rinse and repeat. For example, yesterday, i said xbox record that 15 times. I got 15 notifications. Only 5 of the 15 game clips were saved. This is very frustrating.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.