Game download gets to 80%, then says can't download

Bought Grid for the knockdown on-demand price of £2.69 a couple of days ago, but I can't download it. Every time it gets to 80%, then stops with "Can't Download", leaving a corrupted file on the disk.

I've removed the file, cleared the cache and the marketplace data, restarted Xbox, restarted download, but same problem. Anything else I can try, and if not, how do I request a refund?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 426 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

when we refer to regional mismatch it does not mean CONTinenTs

your xbox live region would be your country which 80% of the time must match

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

More often than not, it's not a region issue.   If you have downloaded before and the games are working fine.   Rarely is it port forwarding.   As someone stated before, each situation is different.  

Gallus, if it's still not working,  what has worked EVERY time for me is this;  delete the ENTIRE game folder.   Make a backup of your saves if you wish first.   Judging by your post, there's no need for me to explain how to do that.   Download just the game,  NO DLC (I have found after xfer to comp and broke down the code of files, the problem is ALWAYS DLC incompatibility. )  The game should load after this.   Test,  get a save,  verify working.   Once that is good,  download all DLC via in game menu.  

I have had the exact issue with multiple games, this is how I have fixed each one (especially if DLC, you xfer license, or had a disc version previously.)

Hope it works,  if not, let me know.   Possibly Skype so I can see exactly and walk through.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same issue. i use to live in the USA and now i live in canada.

i cannot download mw2 past %80. its ridiculous. i tried using a 30gb USB and even my normal HDD which has more than enough room to hold the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

You were able to work it around using a proxy? How did you do that? I have the same problem, but with Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. Maybe you can give me a hand :/

Sorry this didn't help.

As the OP I can confirm it was a region issue in my case, which I was able to work around using a proxy. It's rather stupid that the system will let me buy a game that I'm not allowed to download, though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys! Just because they are similar issues doesn't always mean that they will have the exact same solution.  If you've tried the steps in this thread and they didn't help out, then please make your own threads.  Helpful info will be: what game/content you're trying to purchase, what is the exact message/error code you get, what region are you in, and what region is your account set to.  Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had a similar problem downloading Skyrim after redeeming a code obtained when buying the console a couple of days ago. I initially set up my account in France, redeemed the code and managed to complete the download. However I wanted to have the game in English, and so I transferred to a UK account (where I live at the moment). Then, I uninstalled it and tried to re-download it but I haven't been able to go past 80%. I've obv tried all the troubleshooting options (clearing caches, erasing incomplete download, removing and re-downloading my account etc...)

I therefore think the problem is indeed linked to region locking;  I redeemed the code on an account in French, and although it worked even if I was in the UK, I think that now the code is locked to the French region and refuses to be downloaded in the UK.

How to solve this remains a mystery. Since I got the xbox two days ago I've spent more time on help forums and support chat than actually playing.

Sorry this didn't help.

So I will connect my router through a proxy and test your region locking idea.  Region locking, very silly.

Sorry this didn't help.

the sales contents are region locked due to pricing as many who purchased some sale items have found out

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm living in Japan and I bought and downloaded 5 of the "On Demand" games from this sale.  GRID is the only one that continues to get corrupted.  I have tried everything in this forum except the router setting.  So unless there is something really special about GRID and region, then I doubt region is this issue in this case.

My question is, is there anyone who bought GRID on the sale, that was able to play it afterward?

Sorry this didn't help.