GAME DISKS DO NOT LOAD AFTER UPDATE

ok. my xbox just updated. and now none of my games will load. i havnt taken bf3 oit of the console since the day it was released. it doesnt have a scratch on it. but i tried 5 other games and none of them will load either.what the hell did you guys do to my console. it was fine before. i had been playing bf3 before it update. and the game is installed to the hardrivealso. i am 34yrs old. and this forum thing sux. problems useing it on my droid.cant caps or space after a .

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

one more thing. you guys need to add forums to the console. if u can connect any usb keyboard to the xbox. whats the problem

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i'm having the same the issue, all it says is "open tray", it will not read the discs.  called the support line and they say they will get back to me in 3 days, i have the old an xBox Pro.  

before work this morning i was playing around with the settings...if i changed the startup opetion from dashboard to disc it read the disc.  unfortunately when i got home this afternoon it's back to the same issue.  i don't know what was in this update but it has redered my game console to just streaming media player

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

was that post deleted?

Sorry this didn't help.

It appears that the thread was in fact deleted. :/

-Jim

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes the post was deleted.  Had over 160 posts well on its way to 200 and poof Microsoft made it disappear.  Still no clear answer to when a patch will come out to fix this problem.  Played the entire MW2 campaign last night with no problems.  So obviously not hardware related at all.  The ambassadors need to let those who are higher up know that this issue is plaguing people instead of just giving us preprogrammed responses and telling us to shell out money to fix something that isnt broken.

3 Emails and a four hour chat with Tech Support that ended with the woman telling me this is in no way related to hardware.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree completely I did everything that was suggested to fix the problem and my brand new slim still has issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

I really don't understand why Microsoft can't come out with a patch? I mean honestly. Are they just asking for a lawsuit from a company like EA, Activision, or Warner Bros.? Fix the stupid update Microsoft! Simple. Stop denying the issue and fix the problem. You will be receiving thousands of phone calls come Christmas if you do not...its not an isolated issue. It is widespread and it will continue to get worse if you do not own up to it. Its pathetic these guys think its an isolated event. Certain games work on people's systems and others do not. I didn't experience an issue until I bought Batman. BF3 and MW3 work perfectly fine. IT IS NOT THE GAME DISC! It was the update. Fix the issue. Apple is know for customer service...Microsoft is known for their blunders. Can't wait until Apple takes control of the market one day.

Sorry this didn't help.

I cant wait for the next gens and the new Playstation free online gaming and free repairs.  Whoa a company that actually takes care of its customers rather than making them shell out a third of the price for a new console just for a repair.  Microsoft does need to admit this problem and the Ambassador program is a waste of time if you ask me.  All they do is post what you can already find on this site.  The get rewards for doing absolutely nothing.  Now if Sony can do these things for free why cant Microsoft.  I mean its not like they are hurting for the money.  I mean they get major money from government contracts for software alone.  FIX THIS ALREADY I WANT TO PLAY SKYRIM.  Its still the only game I am having a problem with. I already contacted Bethesda via email and have not heard back yet so I am sure they are looking into the problem themselves.

Sorry this didn't help.

Everyone experiencing this problem....please file a complaint with the FTC. Its easy to do and it will be worth it if enough people file. This situation needs to be fixed pronto by Microsoft and I guess government intervention in business is worth it.

Sorry this didn't help.