Game data deleted.

I just picked up Diablo 3 yesterday morning, played it perfectly fine, never did anything during auto saves. I left a multiplayer game before quiting to the character select screen then quiting the game. I went to work and came back on today only to find out that everything, and I mean literally every piece of data I had for Diablo 3 was wiped from my console's hard drive. None of my other gamesaves or games were affected at all. I don't understand why this happened and to be honest it makes me not even want to play the game anymore because Blizzard won't take responsibility for the console versions, they are routing all support tickets to Xbox so I sincerely doubt this issue can be fixed... but I figured I'd ask here in hopes of somehow getting my data back :\

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Kinky Buns,

I know this probably isn't the answer you want to hear, but if the data is no longer on your HDD then I would think it's probably permanently lost. The only thing I can recommend is before powering down your console each night, copy the data to a secondary storage device in the event it were to occur again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There's no way to recover lost data from an Xbox 360 HDD.  It uses a proprietary format and there's no tools available for the task.  Even if tools did exist it would be against the Terms of Usage agreement for you to use them.

I'm not familiar with Diablo III on the consoles but you mentioned an auto-save feature, correct?  Are you sure that you selected a storage device?  If you are certain that you did then you might be experiencing the beginning of HDD failure.  Might I recommend you try formatting a USB drive for use on your console and attempt to save to that.

Sorry this didn't help.

I experienced the same problem.

Played for about 4h, got back to the mainmenu of Diablo 3 to adjust some settings, returned to startscreen and after pushing the startbutton I was asked to adjust the screensize again. (Like when you first start the game)

Everything was gone and I had to create a new character.

I read in other forums that many people are experiencing the same problem.

And you can't even copy your savefile to an USB Drive or the Cloud because it's blocked, you can just move it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Buns!

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your save. There's a very similar thread HERE and unfortunately I have to give the same news that I gave there.

Blizzard support are definitely the right people to talk to about this. The way the issue is being described, it sounds like it lies with the way the game auto-saves (which is a game feature and therefore Blizzard has the tools to fix) rather than a location of the save feature.

I suggest getting in touch with them and explaining the issue in full to them so that they can understand where the issue lies. Until then, I recommend always exiting to the character select screen before quitting the game.

I sincerely hope this helps. =) 

Sorry this didn't help.