Game clip recorded without me saying it?

I will randomly get a get a game play recordered alert, most of the times its been when i do something pretty crazy. It will even happen wihtout the kinect plugged in. Can someone explain to me why or how this is happenning? I dont really mind it my only concern being that these clips will pile up on the hard drive, considering its only 500 gb and we have to install every game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i think it deletes them if you don't save them so it won't fill your HDD, but it happens when you rank up or do something pointless (like walk around). I have numerous clips of me just walking around with nothing happening. just random i think.

Its pretty annoying, this game is probably the buggiest ive ever seen a battle field.

It's not a bug. Usually the game will record a clip whenever you are promoted or get some awesome reward in the game. I believe you can shut this off in BF4's settings. It is quite annoying though.

I think this is an automatic setting on the XBox 1.  I was able to get mine to stop taking random videos by going into Settings, Preferences, and unchecked the box under system & app called Record gameplay with Game DVR.  Hope this helps.  

Different thing here but more annoying is the message that a place has opened up in another players game that is in your party chat.

If you are not carefull  and hit A by mistake (which iv done several damn times) you will automatically be kicked out your game losing your all your score and join said persons free spot in their game.

I can't find where to turn it off yet.

@LocoBoxorox does doing that disable recording completely, e.g. when you say "Xbox Record That"?  Just want to confirm before I turn it off, that I can still record when I want.

I've noticed this too but this only happens in Battlefield 4, I've not had it randomly record clips in any other game

The same thing happens in NBA 2K14 and FIFA14 too with a big highlight...I think it saves to the cloud and goes into your friends feed. Nothing to worry about really...

seems to do it on BF4 when I level up or earn an achievement

[quote user="IronSin13"]

I've noticed this too but this only happens in Battlefield 4, I've not had it randomly record clips in any other game

[/quote]

I believe Madden records every touchdown.