Game Changes?

So, it's been a while since i played reach. I just bought Halo CEA and have been playing the Anniversary Maps. I have to say, it seems like they made some changes and to be honest I really don't like them. I read into what 343 was looking into doing long ago when I stopped playing. Basically changing things because of some people complaining and to be more like older Halos which in my opinion I wasn't in favior of since I liked having something different.

I'm curious as to what changed have been implemented. I've been mostly playing the Anniversary Maps trying to get the Anniversary Achievements. The last one I have left is quite frustrating. I need somone to stick me but as I've come to learn when the sticky that is stuck to me kills them, it needs to be a suicide, uhg, so frustrating. Anyone, I've come to dislike mechanics of Anniversary gametypes because of no Armor Abilities and what seems to be modified gravity, jump, and pistol damage. But that aside, I noticed some other changes.

First Reticle Bloom seems to be less apparent such as with the Pistol, I'm not sure with the DMR but I seem more effective with it when not scoping in as much now. Also, shield popping seems to have dissapeared as I've been melee to death even though my shield is not gone, which I find rather annoying as I liked the new mechanic of making sure you popped their shield before you attempted a melee. Lastly, I threw a stuck someone, I armor locked, then they armor locked, but they still died.

I guess, I'm asking what changes have been implemented? What does TU and ZB stand for? And what is the community perception of these changes? I'm not really liking it to be honest.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

TU stands for Title Update. It was the major update that changed significant settings for the game. ZB stands for Zero Bloom, referring to the reticule bloom on of the DMR, Needle Rifle, and Pistol (I think those are the only 3 weapons affected by it?).

~

Melee Bleedthrough has been added, similar to the style of Halo 3. Your shields no longer have to be completely drained in order to be killed by melee. In reality, this makes sense. Getting meleed when you have 1/16th of your shield shouldn't have the same result as being meleed with full shield.

~

Armor Lock and Active Camo have also been modified. If you stick someone in Armor Lock now, your kill will not be negated if they go into Armor Lock AFTER you stick them. Just like it always should have been. The duration of Armor Lock also goes according to how much damage is being taken. If there's an entire team shooting at 1 guy in Armor Lock, he isn't going to be in it very long. Active Camo had its duration tweaked.

~

The main setting for bloom is set at 85%, since the original bloom mechanic Bungie implemented was broken. This makes the reticule set faster for weapons that utilize the bloom mechanic.

yeah that armor lock thing I like to see it this way, you get stuck with a plasma nade, you enter your own little human shield with your grenade inside with you, it explodes thus killing everything inside your little shield, sounds fair to me.

~

on some anniversary gametypes the pistol can outgun the DMR

~

also anniversary gametypes are meant to be like the original multiplayer on CE back in the days, spartan moves and jumps faster, this changes are only seen on any anniversary gametype

~

on some maps the TU changes the armor abilities available

I like how Elf explained it.. "little shield"

Remind me not to Aggravate you again.

Hmm. Interesting, I'm not too pleased about the changes. Its hasn't changed my ability to play, but now it is basically Halo 3 with Armor Abilities which isn't why I moved on from Halo 3 to Reach. I liked the fact that Reach was different, and played slightly differently. Nothing I can really do about it, but I liked Halo 3 for being Halo 3 and Halo Reach for being Halo Reach. Kind of further confirms my desire to only rent Halo 4 for the singleplayer experience. I don't like what 343 has done with Halo Reach so far.

I'm happy. This way, ALL HALO GAMES CAN BE H3 v9, 200! MUAHAHA!

No, I'm kidding, though I prefer these changes and would like H4 to follow the same vein. I don't want a Halo that plays differently... I want a Halo that remains competitive, which Reach wasn't (and still, I believe, isn't).

I think it is competitive. I tried the ZB, don't like it at all. I can live with the current changes, not that I have a choice. I thought the Arena in the past was good, haven't tried it in a while though.

If there is anything they change, I hope it is the playlists. I think they are poorly setup. I see the Arena allows 2 Local Players, it should be 1. For some reason BTB limits the user to only 2 Local Players, when it should be 4. Multi-Team allows 4 Local Players which only causes issues with people not shooting their friends, it should be set to 3. As for the playlists, I find it is impossible to play on any DLC map other than Anniversary. Anything Noble or Defiant (which I really would like only defiant maps right now because of the last 3 achievements I'm trying to earn) just aren't showing up in any playlist. And of course, the only DLC required playlist is a 5-6 vs 5-6 Slayer only hopper so only 1 of the 3 remaining achievements I have can even be done.

"I see the Arena allows 2 Local Players, it should be 1".

Why? I think Local players should always be 4. Also, I don't personally believe Reach is competitive... there are so many factors as to why I disagree but I don't have the energy to go into all of that for the umpteenth time anymore.

Because Arena is the ladder. The full on ranked playlist. Having multipe local players gives you an unfair sight advantage.

Very minor concern, however. It isn't as though two people with their own gold accounts shouldn't be able to give it a shot together. If you had a good friend you'd play with, would you really rather they brought their 360 and a TV to your house to play Arena with you?

Also, while it is an advantage and I'm constantly watching my mates' backs with their screens, I could easily find out most of the important stuff with a few callouts.

Also, Arena is somewhat weak for an actual, serious playlist.

Much agreed CSB. All you have to do to get into Onyx is roll with a decent team, MOST of the time. It's kinda like in BTB when a party of 8 matches up against 8 randoms. The party of 8 will destroy the randoms 9 times out of 10 because of coordination, better teamwork, and better chemistry. Most people in Arena don't party up, so when you get a team of 4 who play together every single game in that playlist, Onyx is relatively easy to get. As long as the players on the team are decent or better, teams of randoms will have no chance.

~

If you can get into Onyx by yourself, that's the real accomplishment. But Onyx in the Arena is nothing like a legit 50 in Halo 3. I'm not detracting from any kind of skill that Reach needs in order to be successful playing it, but as far as the ranking system goes, it rewards better teamwork rather than personal skill. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing either, but you get the point.