Game breaking glitch The Walking Dead ep3.

Hey guys and gals.. Finally playing through the walking dead, what a game by the way! but have encountered a game breaking glitch... If you have played it don't read on!

Ok, so when im on the train, i use the pencil on the notepad, and get the instructions, I then go to switch 5 and 6 all turns on ok, go to switch 9 and nothing is there... the switch can't be used!! I can use the switch BEFORE i use 5 and 6, but not after... Have watched multiple playthoughs online to make sure i wasn't being a douche, but no i'm doing it right... I checked another forum and a few people had the same problem when the episode came out, but no help to there problem.. i have restarted the entire chapter, game, and rewound back parts of episode 3.

I have also reinstalled it, all with no luck.. I emailed TellTale games but didn't get a response of them.. so not sure what to do? feels like a waste of money now.. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

ive got the same problem and cant seem to find any help, have you had any luck yet?

Yeah bit of a joke to be honest, I emailed TellTale games, took a week to reply, but they said to fix this "known bug" you have to buy episode 4 or 5 (or both) as email said, to fix it, If it wasn't such a good game i would've been annoyed but I was going to buy both anyway just seems really cheeky way to do it! I did download both, and went back had to skip back a chapter but it did work.

Just wait until the game deletes your achievements.

Good to know you got this resolved though.

^^  Game didn't delete your achievements, you played the episode prior to xbox.com updating the achievements.  Hence why you had to replay the episode in order to unlock them.  This happened with like 80% of the episodes, it's best to wait and make sure prior to playing any game on release day.

Exactly how many glitches can a game like The Walking Dead reasonably be expected to have? I'm curious.

No way, I can't wait for that, game should be ready by release if not delay it to get the achievements fixed

And bob telltale are a small company so I guess you can't blame them since this is such an ambitious project they were missing releases as it is.

These episodes are supposed to be going on sale over the christmas holiday and I was thinking about picking them up. The first episode will be free christmas day.   But if these have game ending bugs, I am a little nervous to buy them.  

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

These episodes are supposed to be going on sale over the christmas holiday and I was thinking about picking them up. The first episode will be free christmas day.   But if these have game ending bugs, I am a little nervous to buy them.  

[/quote]

Don't let that stay in your way, these games are worth playing, one of the best experiences this generation, don't miss this opportunity.