Game adaptations.

So most of the time, video game adaptations from other mediums have pretty much sucked.

-

That said, are there any movies, books, comics, etc., which have never been adapted which you think could make a genuinely great game?

-

I want a Witcher-esque Red Sonja (no, NOT the movie version).

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The Dark Tower books would make a great game. If an RPG, you would easily be able to re-create Mid-World and End-World. If it were an action game, it's a natural fit to have "Gunslingers" blasting their way through levels.

I love the Sandman Slim series of books. I think they would make a good game.

If you've ever read any of the books, they seem like they would be very similar to The Darkness games. 

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

A Song of Ice and Fire... but a good one.

David the gnome!

I'd like to see The Wheel of Time made into a game.  Yeah, I know there was a PC game made about 15 years ago, but that didn't really follow the story of the novels.  It was rumored to be in development for the 360, but never saw daylight.  Having said that, I can't think of a developer who could do it justice.

^ Speaking of Wheel of Time (yes to those who are wondering, this does segue from Wheel of Time) I wonder if  Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn game for 360 will ever see the light of day. I haven't heard any news about it for a long time.

In the mouth of madness.

-

I think Event Horizon could have possibilities...

I think a game based on the original Batman series would be awesome.I know some of the actors that played in it are dead now but Adam West could be the voice of the Joker and they have  new technology to be able to re-create voices so they could essentially use the same actors.Caesar Romero was the best Joker ever .I loved how when they fought the on screen pop-ups said POW! or THWACK! just like the comics.I think having it in a series of five episodes like the Waliking dead.And they should use the same narrator.Tune in next week..same Bat time...same Bat channel..lol

^ So long as Bat Shark repellant is a pick up, I'm in.

Also Burgess Meredith was awesome as the Penguin and Julie Newmar as Catwoman...she was smoking hot! Here kitty kitty..