Future dlc for minecraft...?

Hey there, I'm pretty sure we all know about the bug fix that's coming out and 1.7.3 in July, but does anyone know about future DLC for minecraft? Just wondering if there working on that, too.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

4J Studios has tweeted that their current plans for updates are from 1.7.3, 1.8.2, then a jump to 1.2.3. They have also stated that they will try to integrate a Skins update with the 1.7.3 update in mid-july. As for other DLC, there is no confirmed reliable source.

4J Studios inferred there would be DLC by stating that updates would be free, but DLC would not be.

I assume they will update the game up to par with the PC before any "paid for" DLC comes out. At least I hope they do it this way.

Well, paid DLC and updates can go hand-in-hand.  For instance, to take advantage of much of the Adventure Update, you will need to create a new world.  That is a difficult pill for many to swallow after having invested time in their world.  A DLC can bridge the gap by offering as DLC the ability to make a portal between your world and a new world (or a friend's world), such that you can go back and forth, exchanging resources between the two worlds.

Thanks for the info everyone. I would rather have the game updated than have dlc come out sooner, too.

Do you think they'd have things like texture packs? Kind of like the fan made ones in the PC version?

if i have to pay for skins then i want an israphel and a creeper skin in that pack

[quote user="Kefka SAW"]

Do you think they'd have things like texture packs? Kind of like the fan made ones in the PC version?

[/quote]

That's what the DLC is, skins and texture packs.. As for fan made ones, I highly doubt it. Unless there is a very popular skin that people like to have, I don't see them using fan made skins.

I would like to see the Mario Bros. based texture pack if they do fan based ones. I love the look of it on PC.

bit ches im in the future and i know everything about the 1.8.2 update

id like to see adventure packs with like a handfull of user created adventure maps or mojang created adventures. some new storylines like zombie themed etc.. that'd be worth some msp.