Fun game, but a few things to complain about...

Ok, well I never thought I would be writing a rant thread about Battlefield 3. Now don't get me wrong, I am a avid Battlefield fan through and through, but this is really bugging me. 

1.) I realize this is the beta, but with under a month from release and there is FAR too many bugs/glitches that make it near unplayable. From screen tearing, showing your teammate shooting backwards even though he is pointing forwards, to gun pieces floating in midair. I know the Beta is to fix these things but that stuff should never have made it this far into production.

2.) Why the low graphics and bear minimum destruction 2.0? Are they hiding something? You would think they would be making a bigger deal out of these things especially to sway CoD players to join there games ranks.

3.) I realize they have really only showed us 2 maps (Operation Metro and Caspian Border) but this map is way to close quarters for a battlefield map. It doesn't feel like Battlefield...I know Caspian Border is HUGE but hopefully the maps are all like that. BC2 had the map size, shape, and feel 100% right. 

4.) I hate the fast paced movement that makes you feel like you are flying through the map. I like more stiff, more realistic movement that Bad Company 2 had (and I do not mean character model movement, they look much better and almost real). 

5.) What is with the small looking guns (specifically AK weapons) with the humongous scopes mounted on top? All of the scopes are huge and don't fit the scale of the weapons.

6.) Almost constantly getting never ending load screens or system freezes.

7.) The squad system is a complete joke. When a friend joins your squad from the main menu and the leader starts a match, it doesn't start the match for the other players. It doesn't even attempt to load the map for the other players. Then when you try to invite a friend to your in-game squad you can't. There is no possible way (at least in the Beta) to invite them to your in-game squad they have to find a random squad to get the small chance to get in your squad. Very frustrating.

8.) The knifing system is the worst by far of all Battlefield games. Yes, even Bad Company 2. 

9.) The game, could be the map (not sure), forces you to get in close quarters gunfights that feel very similar to Call of Duty, abandoning the traditional Battlefield style combat. For example one team group firing pot shots at the other across streets (more realistic fighting).

10.) So why do the Russians speak perfect English? What happened to the option to switch it to Russian only? Also when your Russian you hear a lot of American radio chatter, but you hear absolutely no Russian radio chatter? 

12.) Lastly, some frame rate issues throughout.

Now, I am not trying to start a flame war, and yes I am prepared for quite a bit of flame. But you need to know that I am a HUGE Battlefield fan and only play CoD for the zombies. This was the one game I have been waiting for since the announcement was made for it, but I am very disappointed in it so far. Hopefully all of these issues will be fixed in the full version, and the graphics had better be 150% better than they are in the beta. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

sorry for the wall-o-text. How do I make paragraphs, because it showed while I was making it that it was in paragraph form? Thanks!

You shouild post this on BattleLog. they have forums and I believe the developers are there reading them.

[quote user="BADMAGIK"]

You shouild post this on BattleLog. they have forums and I believe the developers are there reading them.

[/quote]

ok, what is the website?

battlelog.battlefield.com

You will remember it. I guarantee it. This is how you will keep track of everything you do in the game. It is also the site where the PC players boot the game up from. Everything is tracked in real time. This also includes comparing stats between your friends. It can also be accessed from anything with internet access. Shoot, you could be taking a poop with your Iphone and watch for alerts and watch your friends rank up in real time as they play while you poop.  

hahaha that is way sweet. And I just posted it in there feedback center.

nice one :) we need to rant there not here , they will listen the y did with BF2 on the PC and they will with this  , they want us to enjoy this game as much as we do

At least now I know what to expect before I download it tomorrow. From what I've read though it seems like DICE is using an alpha build of the game. Maybe there were time constraints or something that prevented them from properly debugging the "beta". Still though I don't see how releasing a half baked alpha build of their game is supposed to equal higher sales, quite the opposite actually.

Again....

This is an OLD build. (june) Most of those bugs, glitches, bad hit detection is already fixed in the new build.. Demize twittered it some times already.

This is a gameplay test, not a show off. Game play issues can be submit on the forum posted above..

THEY DONT NEED TO FIX ALL THE ISUES YOU ENCOUNTER NOW.. moste of them are already fixed. Plz guys.. just plz!

[quote user="Dusty Arne"]

Again....This is an OLD build. (june) Most of those bugs, glitches, bad hit detection is already fixed in the new build.. Demize twittered it some times already.This is a gameplay test, not a show off. Game play issues can be submit on the forum posted above..THEY DONT NEED TO FIX ALL THE ISUES YOU ENCOUNTER NOW.. moste of them are already fixed. Plz guys.. just plz!

[/quote]

I agree, people need to chillout about the bugs, and remember that DICE had to submit the beta to M$, It takes about 3-4  weeks for them to aprove the beta fit for release so its already out of date.

The only problem I have had with the beta is the way EA have handled its release, meaning not getting redeem codes out to everyone who should of had one, and server issues. I know its a strees test but I would of thought EA would of took some extra steps to get them some what right this time. 

[quote user="NameMonkey Boy"]

[quote user="Dusty Arne"]

Again....This is an OLD build. (june) Most of those bugs, glitches, bad hit detection is already fixed in the new build.. Demize twittered it some times already.This is a gameplay test, not a show off. Game play issues can be submit on the forum posted above..THEY DONT NEED TO FIX ALL THE ISUES YOU ENCOUNTER NOW.. moste of them are already fixed. Plz guys.. just plz!

[/quote]

I agree, people need to chillout about the bugs, and remember that DICE had to submit the beta to M$, It takes about 3-4  weeks for them to aprove the beta fit for release so its already out of date.

The only problem I have had with the beta is the way EA have handled its release, meaning not getting redeem codes out to everyone who should of had one, and server issues. I know its a strees test but I would of thought EA would of took some extra steps to get them some what right this time. 

[/quote]

Agree, i think this whole beta is a messup, but i have the understanding why.. This beta is a mistake,  but it doesnt represent the end game quality AT ALL.