Fun Facts About GTAV, Some Leaked (1/22/13)

Will continue to update as new info becomes available through Rockstar or through leaks.

I realize that some, if not most of you, have already heard most of these. This is for people that haven't heard any of this yet.

Some of this info has been confirmed through official sources and some has not. The following is by no means definitive, but I picked the ones that I felt were more reliable than others.

- Camera is rumored to shake a bit during gunfights, such as in this film

- Law enforcement A.I. is said to be far in advance than the A.I. in GTA4. Police officers will coordinate more often and tactical units like SWAT will now use riot shields and flashbang stun grenades

- Once your wanted level reaches a certain point, your crimes and description will be broadcasted on the radio. You will also be able to get real-time traffic reports on the radio

- More TV channels than GTA4

- You can smoke marijuana but if you do it in front of police you will get a one star wanted level

- Wanted levels have been revamped. One star means police try to arrest you without using weapons or sirens. Two stars means police try to arrest you with batons and tasers and won't draw their guns unless you are armed or you start attacking them. Three stars means police will step up aggression and their numbers and will start chasing you with sirens. Four stars means police will use road blocks helicopters and SWAT teams and will search for you for 24 hours in-game. Five stars means FIB gets involved and they coordinate with regular police, SWAT, even the Sheriff's Department and they'll  search for you for 48 hours in-game. Six stars means National Guard is deployed and will use brutal tactics to take you down including tanks and jets and they'll search for you for 72 hours in game.

- You can now flip off NPCs and they will react in various ways

- Police will use DUI checkpoints around the city on Friday nights

- Ammunation, the prolific GTA gun store, is finally back in action

- You can now use your smart phone to call people, access emails and the in-game internet

- RDR-inspired random world events confirmed, such as helping people with car trouble, picking up hitch hikers and investigating abandoned cars with dead bodies nearby

- NPCs have daily routines and they'll go to their job, some have multiple jobs, they'll go shopping, to the beach, jogging, etc.

- Cover system has been revamped

- Like RDR, there will be diverse wildlife including sharks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sharks!?!?!

AWWWWWWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The hype is killing me. I just want to play this game now. Anyways, thanks for the information.

Yes sharks has been verified, in the screenshot.

Cover-art for the box is coming out before the end of this month.

The Wanted Level "leak" looks promising but I'm a bit skeptical on the whole "will look for you for 24, 48, 72 hours". I don't think people will like this addition if it's included. What would that mean for MP as well?

[quote user="LegendOfGta"]

The Wanted Level "leak" looks promising but I'm a bit skeptical on the whole "will look for you for 24, 48, 72 hours". I don't think people will like this addition if it's included. What would that mean for MP as well?

[/quote]

From my understanding, it seems that you will have to either lay low at safehouses or change your appearance to make your wanted level go away.

I haven't heard ANYTHING about MP.

"Change our appearance". Although that would be great, it doesn't look like there will be a lot of customization options from what has been shown and from what is already known. Perhaps the leaks are correct here; hopefully, it will be like GTA San Andreas, especially in terms of vehicle customization. I'd really be impressed if the clothing customization is as good as SR series and if the MP customization is very in depth as well. Here's hoping we can dress up as any NPC in GTA V for MP.

I like what I am reading, hopefully all this stuff is legit.

[quote user="zdopeheathen"]

[/quote]

Like I said, some of the info I posted is legit and has been confirmed by Rockstar or other sources, and some of the info I posted is currently rumored.

Awesome info,true or not!Keep us updated!

Tried finding info like this myself,but with no results!

[quote user="zdopeheathen"]

[/quote]

Most, if not all of these points aren't facts, so don't get your hopes up.

Seeing as there has been no official word either, its safe to say that the only 'facts' are the ones that OP has derived from screenshots, such as the inclusion of sharks, and then the interpretation of other types of wildlife.