Frustrations, Highlights and the Future

Alright, so I for one will be the first one to say I'm really enjoy this beta. It's refreshing as I'm normally a COD player. I absolutely loved the tactics in Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 so finding a game that replicates something like that is really an issue. I've never really played any other Ghost Recon game so I'm not sure how they were, but this seems to be an improvement; or so the GR community is saying. However, I do have some highlights and some frustrations I'd like to bring to the table. These are obviously opinions so treat them as such.

Frustrations:

1. The UAV spam is really the only game breaker I've come across thus far. Opposing teams having a UAV up as soon as they spawn ruins the tactical aspect of this game entirely. If the engineer could receive a UAV every 5 or so kills, I would have absolutely no problem with it. I've come across several games where 4 or more of the enemies were UAV spamming and it gets a little frustrating. I have no issue with the sensors as they only last so long and have a small radius.

2. The taser is a little bit overpowered. Not in the sense of actual stopping power, per say, but in terms of quantity of use. Much like the UAV, this too should have a limited amount of uses until the player gets x amount of kills. This prevents spamming or the need to use the taser as a full fledged primary weapon.

3.While not so much an immediate game flaw, it is a flaw none the less. The fact you need to choose between two important weapons or unlocks is ridiculous to me. You're telling me that I have to choose between a Vector and an MSR and never unlock the latter choice? I believe the player should receive both weapons after the class is maxed or if all of the classes are maxed. I don't understand the point of limiting my options by half every time I have the opportunity to unlock something interesting. The MSR/Vector argument is a good one also. I love both weapons and would enjoy having the option to unlock and use both. I'm not sure how the unlock points work, but I truly hope I will have enough to unlock every attachment for every gun. The idea of a player not being able to unlock everything by the end is very foreign to me. Not to compare or start an argument, but COD, Battlefield and R6V allowed you to unlock everything in the game by the end of the leveling

system/prestige, ect.

4. I know this a beta, but I figured I'd bring it up. The connection is slightly flawed sometimes and it's spans the spectrum of hit detection all the way to player movement. I have noticed players jumping around and increased amounts of lag at certain times. I have had many situations where I shot first, only to be killed by that individual turning around and taking me down. On another note, the kill cams are also very reminiscent of the Crysis 2 beta that was released before launch. The movements and shooting is very sporadic but I believe they will have that sorted out much like Crysis 2 did in the end.

Overall, I love this game. My pre-order is staying and I look forward to playing it until Far Cry 3 and Black Ops 2 is released. These are just some improvements and gameplay tics that I've come across. I need to ask, am I the only one who's experienced these things? Let me know and we'll talk about improving this game together.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Not reading all that.

I also didnt read any of that but I hope the server issues are resolved in the full game.  If the mp is having issues there is a good chance the co-op will also have server issues.  

Interesting you have time to roam the forums for hours but require simple sentences. Ahh well, to each his own I suppose.

[quote user="FARJORDAN"]

3.While not so much an immediate game flaw, it is a flaw none the less. The fact you need to choose between two important weapons or unlocks is ridiculous to me. You're telling me that I have to choose between a Vector and an MSR and never unlock the latter choice? I believe the player should receive both weapons after the class is maxed or if all of the classes are maxed. I don't understand the point of limiting my options by half every time I have the opportunity to unlock something interesting. The MSR/Vector argument is a good one also. I love both weapons and would enjoy having the option to unlock and use both. I'm not sure how the unlock points work, but I truly hope I will have enough to unlock every attachment for every gun. The idea of a player not being able to unlock everything by the end is very foreign to me. Not to compare or start an argument, but COD, Battlefield and R6V allowed you to unlock everything in the game by the end of the leveling system/prestige, ect.

[/quote]

If you notice the next time you look at your characters, you will see at the bottom left of the screen. There will be a blue X x1, this is what they call a Repsec token. You will get one everytime you go through the 50 levels. From my understanding, this is used to reset all the weapons. But I don't know about starting from square one on weapon unlocks. We should know more about this when the game comes out. Also, from the other Rainbow games which it seems they took things from greatly. I think at some point you will have all the weapons. And from the older Ghost Recon games, they had everything unlocked from day one. Also, the weapon attachment unlock tokens. You will get one for each faction each time you level up a weapon. So far, I have leveled up the Goblin with all attachment points with something. So, I would think you will have enough to unlock all attachments for each weapon. Since there are only 50 attachments in the game.

Agreed.  The UAV spam takes me out of the experience and it is a game breaker for me as well.   I will monitor the situation and see if the developer makes a real change to this and if not will probably switch my preorder to MaxPayne 3.

UAV spamming is really annoying, I agree.  It would be nice if there was an easy way to disable them, but nothing short of unloading all of your ammo will take them down.

As far as the unlocks, I actually like the idea of forcing between the two.  When I reached Level 4 with my Engineer, I had to ask myself what kind of Engineer I wanted to be:  Do I want to offer my team Intel with the UAV, or do I want to be able to hack and capture objectives faster, making me more useful on that front.

UAV spam has the potential to ruin the game, especially when mixed with all the other means of intel gathering, including, but not limited to constant data hacks.

-

Forcing me to reach lv50 or reset my character to be able to use all the weapons wouldn't be such an issue but it feels like a grind to get to weapons in the first place. Too many levels to reach a good unlock. Face camos are not considering "good unlocks" IMO.

I think if the UAV was constantly highlighted while it has you spotted, then it would be easy to counter. The problem with the UAV is that it's near impossible to see in the sky, and as a result, is given free reign over the battlefield.

Another "counter" could be to introduce a truely UAV (In the unmanned sense) that patrols a given area in the sky and enages and eliminates UAVs that fly past.

Right now it feels like the UAV has the "Call of Duty Killstreak" problem, in the sense that once you've got it up, it's incredibly hard to shoot it down. (Chopper Gunner, anyone?)