Frustrated

I'm in the military and I moved to Japan about 2 months ago. I finally have my xbox set up and when I power it on. Everything is in Japanese. I go to troubleshoot and fix the problem by adding new billing information for the new region and everything is fine except the postal code. I don't have this problem when I play my PS3. Only with my Xbox.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi Horizon sorry to hear you're having problems with your console. So when you power up the console the everything on the console shows up as Japanese? Where was the console previously? Have you changed your language settings on the console?

Turn your console on wait for it to power up to the dashboard

Go to settings then select System its the top left one

Then Click Console Settings its the top option

Scroll down to Language and Locale its the third on the list

Then pick language the top option and change it to english also check your Locale.

Hope this fixes the issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you use local Japan account, then yes all your dashboard will be on japanese. Because it's official language. If you want english version dashboard you need to use USA account. That way you see USA dashboard. But of course probably you cannot buy from that marketplace and etc. Because your IP is not USA IP now.

System language (NOT dashboard) you can change from Language and Locals section from your console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.