Frozen on opening screen

1.   Version 6.3 (Build 9600)

2.   HP Envy TouchSmart Sleekbook

3   Two weeks

4.   No

5.   When I hit the Microsoft Solitaire Collection tile on the Start page, the blue screen with Microsoft Solitaire Collection on it appears.  And it stays there with no changes. 

6.   I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but no change.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 45 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Is this happening with any of your other games?

Same problem for me, Windows 6.3 build 9600, Acer Aspire Notebook.

Occurs not just with Solitaire Collection, but also with Minesweeper and several other games like Hill Climb Racing, Pinball FX and so on.

All other apps are working fine.

No.  I downloaded another solitaire game since I can not play the Microsoft Collection and it works fine.  But I have not played any other games available on my computer.

I have the same problem.  Worked in the morning but then stopped later in the day.

Solitaire not loading.  Get open screen with Microsoft Solitaire  but does not load.  Worked in the morning if 1/1/14, then in the afternoon stopped working.  Uninstalled the software but it still does not load.  *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Same here, solitaire is not loading...It´s star and before ends to open, gets close...whay I can do

I have not seen any technical help for the people like myself with the the frozen opening screen.  Is any work being done to find a correction for the issue?  There has been no change in my situation from the first day I reported  it.

Yes there is- I just had to do a bit of research.

Apparently this is an issue related to one of the latest updates to Windows getting "stuck". When this happens it can cause apps that are totally unrelated to behave strangely or stop working all together.

To "unstick" it, please do the following.

1. Press Windows Key

2. Type  Check for Updates and click on Settings below the search bar

3. Click on it

4. Install any updates that are waiting

5. Reboot

6. When you're done rebooting, uninstall Solitaire (to do this, right click on the icon and choose Uninstall from the bottom menu)

7. Press Windows Key + R

8. Type in wsreset.exe and Enter

9. This will launch the Windows Store. Reinstall Solitaire

Let me know if this doesn't work and we will try something else. Please note that it is VERY IMPORTANT that you check for updates EVEN IF you have automatic updates set up and EVEN IF you think you are fully updated.  Thanks! :)

I did the updates part  (1 - 5) and that was all that was needed.   Windows had updated automatically this morning and there was no change in the frozen blue screen.  So, it would not have occurred to me to check for updates so soon after but there were three of them waiting when I checked and apparently one of them did the trick.  I did not need to uninstall and reinstall.  Thank you!

Can I join or better start a new thread?

1.   Version 6.3 (Build 9600)

2.   PC, i5 3570K, GTX770

3.   Today

4.   No

5.   When I hit the Microsoft Solitaire Collection tile on the Start page, the blue screen with Microsoft Solitaire Collection on it appears for a long time. When it finally loads and I try to start any game mode it stays stuck on blue loading screen.

6.   I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but no change. Checked all Windows and Windows Store updates and I have every latest ones.

Non-acceptable solution: Problem started when I updated nVidia drivers to newest one (332.21), if I revert to older drivers Microsoft Solitaire Collection is working fine. I can't and don't want to use older graphics drivers. Any fix for this issue?