Frostbite 2 game engine, it's cutting edge

when ever a game comes out with a new game engine, you are going to get something innovative.
Battlefield 3 is going to be that game, were as compared to CODMW3 players are getting a patched up old Quake III game engine (aka Id Tech 3) where as ID is now out with Id Tech 5 on the new Rage game.

in more technical terms Frostbite2 is made to use on 64bit processors using DirectX 11 and CODMW3 is still 32bit DirectX 9

for the layman it's Battlefield 3 will NOT work on Windows XP and CODMW3 will still work on old technology of XP... this is because DirectX 11 is not for windows XP and only works on Vista and Windows 7.

with this i hope all the COD posts that show up in the form will realize that they are getting the same old COD game as before just patched up with a new name, were as Battlefield 3 we are getting a something new and innovative in the world of FPS games.

Battlefield 3 is supperor in software game engine technology

you can research and learn this info for your self, if you don't believe me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Console stuff like graphics should be comparable between games/consoles, at least more than PC stuff.

Whats so innovative about it?  

^^You gotta purchase a new PC (along with the game) to play it.

are you talking about pc?

I think that all the COD players that enjoyed the last few games really dont give a s***. And to the COD players like myself who will be playing both games, we really dont give a s***.

Are people still bickering about this stuff?

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

^^You gotta purchase a new PC (along with the game) to play it.

[/quote]

There's no point buying a new PC to play BF3, the standard graphic cards found in new PC's are not powerful enough to run BF title at full quality, unless you buy a PC designed for gaming alone which they are not cheap. Your better of building one instead. I'm currently building a new PC for BF and plan to buy the Xbox version first until my PC is ready. I love both platforms but the PC just runs BF better IMO.

Maybe one day I'll have a pc like this one. I had my computer built for doing editing so it's pretty good for games also. Doubt I'll be able to do full graphics on BF3 though, but I'll try.

[quote user="Ronin6337"]

Maybe one day I'll have a pc like this one. I had my computer built for doing editing so it's pretty good for games also. Doubt I'll be able to do full graphics on BF3 though, but I'll try.

[/quote]

By that time, Sandy Bridge-E will come out and there's the new Ivy Bridge around the corner...

what's the difference with the bridges if it's the same chip model?