Frostbite 2 Designed for next Gen-Consoles

http://beefjack.com/news/ea-frostbite-2-was-built-for-ps4-xbox-720/ 

Short article basically stating the title. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

WHY DIDN'T THEY WAIT THEN!?

If Battlefield were to Delay BF3 for the next generation of Consoles they would have sold a TON.

They should have had BF3 as one of the first waves of games to release alongside the new consoles.

But EA wanted to cut into the console FPS business so badly. >:(

They could have built the hype around E3 2011 and kept releasing things from then on. Building a huge fanbase. Because people would've have gotten tired of the same CoD games over and over thus having FPS fans yearning for something better.

Then again, we might end up with another Elder Scrolls on the new Consoles anyhow.

The new BC will probably be on the 720. With no info on the new console, it's probably going to be released around 2 years time.

1942, Vietnam, BF2, 2142 & P4F tiles where developed using the Refractor2 Engine, Frostbite was written in order to bring Battlefield to consoles because the current generation of consoles wouldn't support Refarctor2. However Frostbite 1/1.5 where not developed to fully support DirectX11 (Win7).

In simple terms, DICE developed an games engine for the current hardware/console which left Frostbite out of date within the first few years of it's release.

So it doesn't come of much of a surprise that Frostbite2 was developed to support at-least another 5 years of upcoming future tech/hardware IMOP.

Damn, going to college and I probably won't be able to get the next system.

good luck dice see how many people buying the next gen console and the game what a waste of money and space

I’ll be buying the next xbox console and BF game.

My xbox is good for another 5 to 6 years.

People are still using the 2006 model Xbox with no problems.

The technology in these xboxs is ancient at the moment.

From 2006.