From a former cod vet.

Battlefield 3 looks great, I have put a lot of time into bc2 and moh, and I will for the first time not buy a cod game and will in turn fully support E/A made fps games.  I will never forgive what activision did to the former IW employee's, and hope everyone in the battlefield forums will help me become a battlefield vet.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You put alot of time into MOH, I salute you. That game was awful.

moh is a game that takes some considerable patience to get good at.  You can't just run in and dominate from the start.  Now I do however have a problem with the lack of weapons in the game.  But its not awful.  It could have been a great game.

The games multiplayer is completely unbalanced, and a horrible sniper fest. Yes you cant just run and dominate from the start, that's exactly the point. Lets be honest MOH was aiming for a more fast paced multiplayer witch main incentive is too get kills (COD) running in and dominating is exactly the game play it should have had. Because it neither had the teamwork based and epic battlefield scope of BC2, or the run in aim for as many kills as possible game play of COD, it becomes a unbalances mess. Basically MOH didn't know what it wanted to be. Yes it could have been great, but it seemed that too dice this game was an after thought and that they were focused on Battlefield 3, I think DICE presumed that Danger close would get the most the wrap, if it were to be a bad game.

Welcome to the light side.

I been playing MOH again a bit recently,and although i have been doing well since i picked it up again getting top of the scoreboard quite a bit,i do think it defo needed more maps!and although i hardly ever ever! play wookie in BC2 after getting to about level 10 as spec ops i just couldnt resist going sniper with the battle rifle and starting again,due to almost everyone else being sniper and me getting shot from the other side of the map in every game!This is a sniper fest!It does take a while to get good at,but i dont mind that,BC" has a harsh learning curve,but MOH could have been so much better!!

Call me one wild and crazy guy but I believe it's ok to alternate between two (or more) online shooters. I'll continue to play both COD and BF when I fancy them....

[quote user="DTW Dirty Harry"]

Call me one wild and crazy guy but I believe it's ok to alternate between two (or more) online shooters. I'll continue to play both COD and BF when I fancy them....

[/quote]

whoa!....talk about infidelity!....cheater!

naw, I'm kidding....hey man ,I'm gonna purchase both the new COD and BF3.....cause I like 'em both for different reasons

I dont think im gonna get MW3 this time,i usually only buy COD games for the SP and play the MP after cos i get bored of it after about a month.Think i may just stick with BF3 this time,unless i here MW3s campaign is gonna be really good,then i might get it later on.

Call of Duty needs to go away for a while and reinvent itself. While COD4 was a huge jump forward for the series, the last three games been largely similar.

What made COD4 different was the Create-a-class system, killstreaks, and bullet penetration. Although later games added more weapon customization, perks, and customizable killstreak loadouts, the mechanics are still identical. And on a technical level, they've done nothing with bullet penetration since COD4. The mechanics that made COD4 different have not been changed or improved in four years.

While the way Battlefield has been playing with and tweaking the class setup is not too different from the tweaks to Create-a-class, they've been improving their own unique mechanic: destruction. In three games Battlefield has gone from blowing holes in walls in BC1, to collapsing buildings in BC2, and have now incorporated microdestruction and damage from falling rubble into BF3. And it isn't just eye candy, each improvement has changed the game on a fundamental level.

What has COD done technically with MW3? Well, they can transition from underwater to above water!

COD isn't a terrible series, but it's minimal improvement from game to game has let others surpass it. It needs to go back to the drawing board.

Thing is,i dont think it will go back to the drawing board yet until they start losing fans,i think while its working for them they will just keep hammering out the same old money spinners.People are always gonna buy them so they can get away with it.