Frequent Console freezing

I have recently started having every game I play freeze at random points. At first, it was only Rocksmith 2014, but now it is every game I play. I think the latest System update doesn't like my xbox, or vise versa. I recently got a Kinect, and downloaded the drivers for it, but I don't have it anymore, and don't know how to get those updates off of the system. I think they may have something to do with it. But the freezing was happening before I got the Kinect.

System: Xbox 360 S with 320GB HDD

Horizontal or vertical: Horizontal, vertical won't let me play disc games, which is weird because I got a new disc drive recently, and has worked flawlessly, and never froze on me til recently, since I got GTA V and Rocksmith 2014.

Game type: disc and on-demand games freeze randomly (all on disc games installed to HDD)

Internet connection: wired Ethernet, 2 MBPS

A/V connection: HDMI with Microsoft audio adapter

no on screen errors, just a lock-up.

I tried using only a pen drive as my storage device, no HDD connected and it still froze randomly. I don't know what the problem is, and I can't figure out what to do to fix it. I have cleared the system cache multiple times, reset my modem, and redownloaded my profile. My Xbox 360 is in a well ventilated area. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated. Never had this problem with my old Elite, which I no longer have cause I got the S.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

i dont know bro i have been having the same problems it sucks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hi there i had a same problem but try this and see if this helps:

go into system settings and go on your memory unit and clear system cache.

to do this press "y" on your hard driver or any memory unit

this is what i did, if it didn't work then i don't know,

thanks,

-Thomas

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the late reply... System Cache clearing didn't fix it, as the only thing clearing the cache is good for is deleting all of your games' title updates, and unused/non visible downloaded files (much like temp internet files on a pc). What ultimately fixed it was a patch from the game publishers, but it still hard freezes my box every once in a great while. Trying to play games on a system that were meant to be next-gen games is most likely the culprit. Oh well. I'll live with it for now, til the One is lowered in price.

Sorry this didn't help.