I lifted this off battlelog, perhaps it can help some of us. the interesting thing it is would seem to be designed to help an overtaxed system, but the XBone guys are complaining about freezes too....
STEPS: FOR PS3 & XBOX 360
Go to Gameplay settings under The options Menu. Change The following EXACTLY as shown.
Subtitles - NO
Hint System - NO
Reload Hint - NO
Network Smoothing Factor - Keep bellow 40%
Kill Log - HIDE
Battlelog In Game - HIDE
Tutorials - OFF
1. Before you start The game open up The PS3 web browser.
Browser > Triangle > Tools > Clear Cache.
Close Broswer and start BF4
2. If you are using a -Progressive Scan HDTV- change your max resolution of The PS3/XBOX 360 to 720p.
Currently having it at 1080p causes freezes, this will be patched...some day.
(a) PS3 Tutorial: Select (Settings) > (Display Settings). Select (Video Output Settings).
HDMI > Custom > Only have The 480p and 720p Checked NOT 1080p.
(b) XBOX Tutorial: Dashboard >settings >system >console settings > display >HDTV settings >set to 720p
3. Make sure that your NAT is open.
(a) XBOX Tutorial http://www.pcworld.com/article/242961/how_to_open_up_nat_settings_on_your_xbox_360.html [pcworld.com]
(b) Basic Tutorial http://www.ask.com/question/difference-between-nat-and-a-router [ask.com]
Do a full install PS3 or XBOX. When The console reads the disc while playing this greatly increases The chances of freezes.
You want as much data on your HDD as possible. The reading of The HDD is faster than that of a disc thus minimizing chances of a freeze.
SUGGESTIONS FROM THE COMMUNITY:
1. Disable UPNP on router.
(a)Tutorial http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22686 [kb.netgear.com]
2. Set all your Field Upgrades to Defensive
3. Uninstall BF4 including saved game data including patchs and then reinstall. This has helped a lot of XBOX 360 players by The way.
4. Put your console into the DMZ.
5. Use a wired connection instead of a wireless for your internet.
6. Play on hardcore. This does actually help some players out as it requires less processing power. No map etc things of that nature.
7. Turn off aim assist.
****8. I haven't tested this on ps3 but on 360 manually delete update 1 as it conflicts with update 2 causing the game to freeze
****9. Clear The XBOX 260 cache
****10. Turn off/unplug mic & turn off all voice communications in game.