Freezing? try this

I lifted this off battlelog, perhaps it can help some of us.  the interesting thing it is would seem to be designed to help an overtaxed system, but the XBone guys are complaining about freezes too....

STEPS: FOR PS3 & XBOX 360 
Go to Gameplay settings under The options Menu. Change The following EXACTLY as shown. 

Subtitles - NO 
Hint System - NO 
Reload Hint - NO 
Network Smoothing Factor - Keep bellow 40% 
Kill Log - HIDE 
Battlelog In Game - HIDE 
Tutorials - OFF 

FURTHER STEPS: 
1. Before you start The game open up The PS3 web browser. 
Browser > Triangle > Tools > Clear Cache. 
Close Broswer and start BF4 

2. If you are using a -Progressive Scan HDTV- change your max resolution of The PS3/XBOX 360 to 720p. 
Currently having it at 1080p causes freezes, this will be patched...some day. 

(a) PS3 Tutorial: Select (Settings) > (Display Settings). Select (Video Output Settings). 
HDMI > Custom > Only have The 480p and 720p Checked NOT 1080p. 

(b) XBOX Tutorial: Dashboard >settings >system >console settings > display >HDTV settings >set to 720p 

3. Make sure that your NAT is open. 
(a) XBOX Tutorial http://www.pcworld.com/article/242961/how_to_open_up_nat_settings_on_your_xbox_360.html [pcworld.com]
(b) Basic Tutorial http://www.ask.com/question/difference-between-nat-and-a-router [ask.com] 

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: 
Do a full install PS3 or XBOX. When The console reads the disc while playing this greatly increases The chances of freezes. 
You want as much data on your HDD as possible. The reading of The HDD is faster than that of a disc thus minimizing chances of a freeze. 

SUGGESTIONS FROM THE COMMUNITY: 
1. Disable UPNP on router. 
(a)Tutorial http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22686 [kb.netgear.com] 

2. Set all your Field Upgrades to Defensive 

3. Uninstall BF4 including saved game data including patchs and then reinstall. This has helped a lot of XBOX 360 players by The way. 

4. Put your console into the DMZ. 

5. Use a wired connection instead of a wireless for your internet. 

6. Play on hardcore. This does actually help some players out as it requires less processing power. No map etc things of that nature. 

7. Turn off aim assist. 

****8. I haven't tested this on ps3 but on 360 manually delete update 1 as it conflicts with update 2 causing the game to freeze 

****9. Clear The XBOX 260 cache

****10. Turn off/unplug mic & turn off all voice communications in game. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Might as well play BFBC2 or an older game with the bad vid settings, plus why does your squad Field Upgardes matter at all? Thats funny. Basically it sounds like the 360 isnt "powerful" enough to play the game (although it played fine for me before I got the Xbone, but thats before the latest patches). Ill mention I have been playing CoD lately and havent seen how the game works on the Xbone, besides playing one game just to see the great graphics.

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

Might as well play BFBC2 or an older game with the bad vid settings, plus why does your squad Field Upgardes matter at all? Thats funny. Basically it sounds like the 360 isnt "powerful" enough to play the game (although it played fine for me before I got the Xbone, but thats before the latest patches). Ill mention I have been playing CoD lately and havent seen how the game works on the Xbone, besides playing one game just to see the great graphics.

[/quote]

I didn't come up with this so I won't spend a whole lot defending it.    I don't believe the game runs at 1080p on either MS platform. It's a console thing - If you want the best graphics, play it on PC.  

The 360 is deffo not powerful enough.  you're tdm player so you probably haven't experienced it, but there are full on mayhem moments during fights over chokepoints where the game will drop to slideshow speeds.  power has been an issue in the last two releases - see: 24 players vs. 64.

Anyways - just trying to help.

Yeah, I think coding or something may be the issue if the Xbone is dropping framerates like that in moments of choas. I can understand the 360, but the Xbone should be way fast enough, its just I have been enjoying Ghosts and havent gotten into BF4 on the Xbone (several days played of BF4 on the 360 though). Did you get a Xbone yet?

Not yet, meng.  I'll look at it when either my current XB bites the dust, or a majority of my digital friends pick it up.  I wouldn't play at all if I didn't have a crew to hang out with.  Also, I really only play this game, and then only 5-10 hours a week.  I don't need to upgrade yet.

Like I said, I havent gotten into BF4 much on the Xbone, but the game I did play, it was amazing looking, and Im sure the big games with 64 peeps is sick. I can imagine Obliteration on Op Locker. 64 peeps all indoors, LOL.