Freezing on the online

I'm noticing that since the last update for the game that while online my xbox will completely lock up from time to time it will happen at least twice a day or so on GTA Online. I haven't tried it on the story but other games I do have don't lock up so I don't think it's console related (Yes I saw the stick thread on here) Anyone else have the same problem? And if so were you able to fix it and how?

Thanks

-Chris

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I haven't had the problem, but players use tow trucks that have been modded into the online to tow vehicles which causes other players nearby to crash. If you see a player driving a tow truck around, I'd leave the lobby or steer clear of him/her.

Yeah it will occasionally happen with missions but mostly happens on Free Play but only this game does it.

don't know about any tow trucks but since the latest update, I froze for the 1st time online the day it was patched.  but just 1 crash that was it.

I was on GTA last night with a buddy of mine and he switched to game chat and heard some guy talking about freezing people out of the game. While I was with my buddy I had to restart my xbox 3 different times when I joined in with my friend so I said screw it went into another game invited my friend and the problem was gone so I didn't realize that there's some way you can freeze people out of GTA online but apparently so.

I've had it freeze periodically, but it's been happening since the first release.

Since the last patch it happens all the time now but only in Mp.

I've had a problem sometimes with exiting a session. I choose the leave GTA online option. I get the overhead view as if I were leaving and then it just sits there with the save spinner going in the lower corner. The only option is to quit to the dashboard.Anyone else had this problem? It started with the last update.

The only issue i've had was the freezing on multiplayer my friend and I the other day both froze out of a lobby and he over heard someone freezing peoples consoles i've frozen up in the clouds as well before while it's loading the online.

I had this happen to me yesterday for the second time.

Locked up last night.