Freezing Menus going into MP on Xboxlive

My game has been freezing up as I try to load into Xboxlive.  It freezes, returns me to the opening movie, when I skip, the screen goes black then it loads into the mutiplayer. No crashes yet but I am worried.  I have a gen 1 xbox from launch (which really concerns Me) no other games are acting funny but this one.  Anyone out there have the same problem or hear of a cause for this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I dont really understand what the hell your trying to say but i have some lag issues when entering a lobby with friends from a game invite. It lags but it eventually works so im not worried. Its probably just something with the game. I have an arcade xbox from like 3 years ago so i dont know if it has to do with that but i doubt it.

I have the exact same behavior with this game. It feels like the console is freezing up, sound skips, etc

Eventually I can hit A to move in to the XBL menu to find a match, and it stops. I think there is something loading behind the scenes that is causing this.

For a while I thought it was a sign my 360 was about to bite the dust for the second time [still have an Elite from 2007 that was repaired once for RRoD in 2009] but it plays fine once I get by the menu/freezing.

I think it's the game's way of telling IW 'plllz no more patches! you should have released me fully working first time around!!!'

Zippy that is exactly the issue I am having, except I cant press A to move into any menu, the whole game freezes, the music skips then the intro movie plays again....glad to see its not just me

this happens to me every time after i choose multi player from the menu.

just press the big Xbox button on the controller and it corrects it.

Just spam the A button until it connects to XBL and moves past the menu. It is weird behavior but not nearly as annoying as the lag comp!

i have had the same thing occur where it freezes, plays music, freezes, plays music etc when trying to get MP menu.

if you hit the silver middle button to bring up the menu, it usually stops doing that. i then hit cancel and then can get into the MP fine.

I keep hearing of people having problems with this kind of stuff in MW3 and past CoD titles, but I have never experienced this kind of stuff ever.

I've had this as well.  Press the guide button on your Xbox and wait for the menu to open.  Once I do that and then close the guide, it unfreezes for me.

I have this same exact problem. Is anything being done to fix it?